Boabdil

OLSAS GPA Calculated and Posted on OUAC

19 minutes ago, pascal said:

Yes! Under Academic Background -> View and then at the bottom there's a table of "GPA Summary" that includes a line entry for each year of school.With various Duration F/S (maybe full/summer) and scale (3/7 - possibly OLSAS conversion scale) codes. Then it shows the overall GPA calculation.

Wow, I never knew. Thanks mate, appreciate it. :)

Hey guys,

does anyone know what the Values and Length category mean under the GPA summary table? I assumed it was the weeks of the program and amount of credits but not too sure since it doesn't add up to the amount of credits I have or the length of my program.

also, I started my program in 2014-2015, but the first year listed in my gpa summary is 2015. Is this how it should be ?

1 hour ago, osgoodehopeful said:

I don't have a year by year GPA. I wonder if it's because i took 5 years.

My program was 5 years & co-op and it shows up. Not sure it's related to that. 

12 hours ago, pascal said:

Yes! Under Academic Background -> View and then at the bottom there's a table of "GPA Summary" that includes a line entry for each year of school.With various Duration F/S (maybe full/summer) and scale (3/7 - possibly OLSAS conversion scale) codes. Then it shows the overall GPA calculation.

Hmm, I don't have this. Strange. Although my overall GPA is showing up, so I'm not worried.

1 hour ago, georgecostanzajr said:

Hmm, I don't have this. Strange. Although my overall GPA is showing up, so I'm not worried.

I emailed them about it, will update once I get a response.

10 hours ago, june2017 said:

Hey guys,

does anyone know what the Values and Length category mean under the GPA summary table? I assumed it was the weeks of the program and amount of credits but not too sure since it doesn't add up to the amount of credits I have or the length of my program.

also, I started my program in 2014-2015, but the first year listed in my gpa summary is 2015. Is this how it should be ?

Length looks to refer to the amount of courses taken in that year and values is the amount of credits toward your GPA in those courses. So, for example, if you took 10 courses in a year and got a B in all of them, you should see 10 as the length and 30 as the value. 

I started in 2013-14 and the first year listed is 2014, so that looks like how it works.  I guess it's because your first year isn't actually over until 2015. 

My GPA is 0.0 because my transcripts are international. I don't know what to say, and have no idea what this means to my application...

On 12/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, chapice said:

My GPA is 0.0 because my transcripts are international. I don't know what to say, and have no idea what this means to my application...

Do you know if you needed WES assessment of your grades and whether that was done? By international I assume you don't mean the US. I'm pretty sure you need WES assessment if your grades aren't from the US or Canada.

17 hours ago, Ryn said:

Do you know if you needed WES assessment of your grades and whether that was done? By international I assume you don't mean the US. I'm pretty sure you need WES assessment if your grades aren't from the US or Canada.

Yes, I did WES assessment.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:01 PM, pascal said:

Has anyone ever had OLSAS miscalculate their cGPA for a certain year? I ran the conversion with the OLSAS chart and calculation multiple times and it seems pretty off - just for the one year though (everything else is exact). I've already emailed them, but I'm wondering if this is an automated process (less likelihood for errors) or if there is some poor soul that has to review them that may have just missed a few grades?

For the record they showed me their calculations and I found a (significant) error. They corrected it once I pointed it out. I recommend following up if anyone else ever has this issue - they seem to be fully human :)

4 minutes ago, animal321 said:

@pascal how does one go about checking for errors?

@animal321 I had done the cals myself in Excel and triple-checked my conversions using the OLSAS table. I messaged them using SAM (they wouldn't answer over email) and detailed my concern - which was for a specific year so I could fit the details the tiny 500 character limit . They sent me a pdf of their calculations for that year, and I noticed that they double counted two of my courses and missed 4 (the course names where listed with grades). I messaged them back pointing this out and they corrected within the day. Glad they were so responsive - it was stressing me out a bit cause it hurt my overall gpa by a solid .1 :) 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2017 at 6:50 PM, georgecostanzajr said:

Cool thanks. I doubt it's anything actually problematic though.

They updated my GPA the day after I emailed them.

I also encountered an error and emailed them, they acknowledged that it was a problem on their end and that they'd let me know when it was correct.  Problem is that was about 4 days ago, and still no correction.  How long do you think it should take? It's quite a serious error, do you think it's affecting anything at this point?

3 hours ago, Matureplus said:

I also encountered an error and emailed them, they acknowledged that it was a problem on their end and that they'd let me know when it was correct.  Problem is that was about 4 days ago, and still no correction.  How long do you think it should take? It's quite a serious error, do you think it's affecting anything at this point?

Contact them again. They've been very responsive to me so they should've fixed the error by now.