AWL

Accepted to TRU 2018

Waitlisted on 04/26, accepted via email on 05/3. 

GPA 3.3, LSAT 157, MA 3.7

Lots of soft factors that likely helped to compensate for my hard factors (volunteer experiences, varsity volleyball and employment with INAC). 

I agree with the earlier posts, the TRU community in this thread has been so supportive throughout this process! Looking forward to meet the other 1L's in September. 

To all who are waiting, stay hopeful :)

16 minutes ago, lawyergirbossl2018 said:

Waitlisted on 04/26, accepted via email on 05/3. 

GPA 3.3, LSAT 157, MA 3.7

Lots of soft factors that likely helped to compensate for my hard factors (volunteer experiences, varsity volleyball and employment with INAC). 

I agree with the earlier posts, the TRU community in this thread has been so supportive throughout this process! Looking forward to meet the other 1L's in September. 

To all who are waiting, stay hopeful :)

What waitlist number were you 

Accepted couples weeks ago from the waitlist! Been lurking these forums for like 4 years so it feels pretty epic to finally be able to post my acceptance. Will be attending and already paid my deposit (had until July 12th to accept)!

I was originally waitlisted on April 26th and was told I would be notified by the end of June/early July if a seat becomes available. Found out via email back in April that I was #29 on the waitlist but then I was told via phone a few weeks ago the waitlist was re-arranged and I actually was #17. And then suddenly they accepted a handful of us within the top 20. Not sure how the process works but I'm just happy I'm in! Never give up folks!

Stats:
Top LSAT: 151
Last90 credits: 76% (so 3.33 ishh roughly)
Last60 credits: 80% (so 3.67 ishh roughly)
Strong references, Excellent ECs, Special Consideration Applicant.
Msg me for any questions or details :) I have a pretty crazy (in my opinion) underdog story that I wouldn't mind sharing through personal message on how I turned things around and managed to get in if anyone is interested! 

• Like 2

On 2018-06-29 at 1:29 PM, georgelucas said:

What waitlist number were you 

sorry georgelucas I never had the chance to ask that! At the time I had figured I would be on the waitlist for a few months and then a week later I was accepted.

Posted (edited)

Just got in half an hour ago!!!! I am so thankful for this community. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Hopefully my acceptance gives some hope to people with low LSAT scores and allow them to recognize that the lsat is not representative of their full abilities.

LSAT: 150 

cGPA (olsas) : 3.38

L90: 3.75~ 

I was #16 on the waitlist 2 weeks ago. Original waitlist #56. 

Have to accept by July 30th. 

Edited by JDLeoSands
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, JDLeoSands said:

Just got in half an hour ago!!!! I am so thankful for this community. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Hopefully my acceptance gives some hope to people with low LSAT scores and allow them to recognize that the lsat is not representative of their full abilities.

Huge congrats JD! And thanks for the info, comforting to know the list is still moving!

• Like 3

Just got in an hour ago. 

LSAT: 155 

GPA 3.45 (cgpa) olsas 

No idea what my rank was but i had the end of june/july email. 

It feels so good to finally be accepted somewhere. 

Goodluck everyone!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JDLeoSands said:

1 hour ago, Ripple said:

Just got in an hour ago. 

GPA 3.45 (cgpa) olsas 

Goodluck everyone!

oh man, my anxiety is through the roof. 

I am originally 61, so that means roughly I am four away. 

Got in today as well, will be declining as I got into a Masters program. I'll be trying again next year for TRU!

LSAT: 151

overall GPA: 3.3

was told I was about 15th on the waitlist last week if I remember correctly and was originally told I'd hear back May/June.

Good luck to everyone else

• Like 1

Was accepted this morning! 

158 and 3.6 

A quick message for others looking on this forum in the future: 

I trusted that TRU had received my correct stats, and i tried calling to double check what number i was on the waitlist since it was announced, but the line was always busy. I thought i would leave it alone and not try to annoy the admissions officer. But thankfully last week i called and Leanne told me they had my very first score from 2 years ago (which was horrible) on file only. While on the phone, she tried retrieving the new score of 158 repeatedly, but LSAC didn't have it on record for her (Sidenote: every other school I applied to had my correct score). So i had to send her my confirmation email from LSAC with my correct score, which bumped me from #30 on the waitlist to Top 10. 

The lesson here for me (and for other students in the future), was to always double check and be diligent in making sure your stats are correct. If i had been more persistent, i may have gotten in earlier. 

Anyway, I'm excited to be going to TRU in the Fall! See everyone there! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JDLeoSands said:

9 hours ago, Ripple said:

Just got in an hour ago. 

GPA 3.45 (cgpa) olsas 

Goodluck everyone!

Congratulations you two! Will you be accepting @Ripple @JDLeoSands  ??

On 7/9/2018 at 10:07 PM, bertaboy said:

Congratulations you two! Will you be accepting @Ripple @JDLeoSands  ??

Yes! Paid my deposit already as TRU has been my top choice since day 1. Thank you and good luck!

• Like 1

Just accepted off the waitlist via email half an hour ago!!!!!!!!!!! 

Stats: 3.5cgpa (L3 similar), 153 LSAT, mediocre references, solid personal statement, and good work experience.

I am so ecstatic right now. This is my second cycle and I was going to give the LSAT one more shot before giving up on law school but I finally caught my break. I have been lurking this forum for two cycles now and the community has given me so much support throughout the process for which I am grateful. I’m a BC boy that loves to shred so I can’t wait to move to Kamloops. Nows when the real work begins... excited to meet all of you in the fall!  PM me if you have any questions and I’ll try to answer them as best I can. Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist! 

• Like 8

Accepted off the waitlist via phone call about 20 minutes ago!

• Like 1

Why were you guys called? My email said i would be notified by email in july/aug and did not include phone calls as an option.

2 hours ago, Grinder99 said:

Why were you guys called? My email said i would be notified by email in july/aug and did not include phone calls as an option.

I got emailed too about 30 minutes after the call