Jump to content
LaFlame

Accepted to Osgoode Hall 2018

Recommended Posts

Happy to be starting off this thread!!

4th year UG general applicant

cGPA 3.86
L2: 3.93

LSAT: 163

ECs: very involved, lots of variety but nothing too significant 

Last name U

Says accepted 12/6/2017 but only updated today

Edited by LaFlame
Added info
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited to be able to post this as I was not expecting to be admitted this early. 
Accepted as of this morning December 7th (Status says it was updated on the 6th though)

Stats: 
cGPA: 3.97 
L2/B2: 3.99
LSAT: 159 
ECs: 
Volunteer positions, TA for two years, research assistant for two years, a publication and numerous academic awards. 
Category: 
General

Edited by LeoandCharlie
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

Excited to be able to post this as I was not expecting to be admitted this early. 
Accepted as of this morning December 7th (Status says it was updated on the 6th though)

Stats: 
cGPA: 3.97 
L2/B2: 3.99
LSAT: 159 
ECs: 
Volunteer positions, TA for two years, research assistant for two years, a publication and numerous academic awards. 
Category: 
General

I was really salty about not getting into Western yesterday but I don't care now lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, harveyspecter993 said:

I was really salty about not getting into Western yesterday but I don't care now lol.

Ditto. Still hoping to be admitted there but this has really been something that has raised my spirits. Congratulations to you Harvey, I've been banking on your being admitted for a while!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! When did you go into queue!?

Omg..my 3 schools are notifying ppl now...stress overload!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldOne said:

Congratulations! When did you go into queue!?

Omg..my 3 schools are notifying ppl now...stress overload!

Harvey and I both went in on the 15th of November 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kristy said:

Congratulations! That is so amazing!

Can I ask what people's last name initials are? 

Thank you! Osgoode has been my top choice for a while!
Last name: B

Edited by LeoandCharlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeoandCharlie said:

Harvey and I both went in on the 15th of November 

I only went in Dec 8th. Weeks more of streesing-maybe a Merry Christmas!?...or maybe not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats everyone!

Just got the message as well. Really excited, Osgoode is my first choice :)

cGPA: 3.87

LSAT: 165

Strong ECs and LORs, general category
Last name: B

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OldOne said:

I only went in Dec 8th. Weeks more of streesing-maybe a Merry Christmas!?...or maybe not...

There is a lot of disagreement on here over whether or not you can divine anything from the date you were queued. 

Edited by harveyspecter993
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

There is a lot of disagreement on here over whether or not you can divine anything from the date you were queued. 

Oh yeah..I know. I've read the past & present threads. I can only hope I'm not one of the ones who's still in queue in June tho!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you went into queue, did you happen to stay in it, or you were in queue and then reviewed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kristy said:

When you went into queue, did you happen to stay in it, or you were in queue and then reviewed?

I stayed in the queue until my status was updated with the offer this morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

Excited to be able to post this as I was not expecting to be admitted this early. 
Accepted as of this morning December 7th (Status says it was updated on the 6th though)

Stats: 
cGPA: 3.97 
L2/B2: 3.99
LSAT: 159 
ECs: 
Volunteer positions, TA for two years, research assistant for two years, a publication and numerous academic awards. 
Category: 
General

My stats and softs are almost identical to yours. Seeing you've been accepted so early makes me hopeful! Congrats!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do acceptances roll out throughout the day or do they just come in one big wave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rk123 said:

Do acceptances roll out throughout the day or do they just come in one big wave?

Wondering the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Posts

    • I sent my transcript to UDM but not yet to LSAC.  Did you guys make that request through CAS?
    • Not directly related to law school ranking, but a healthy reminded that the success of a school's graduates isn't necessarily a measure of school quality. NYC has elite high schools whose graduates overwhelmingly place at Ivy League (or equivalent) universities.  Signs that they're good schools right?  Hmm, not so much, according to the Brookings Institute:  https://www.brookings.edu/research/evidence-on-new-york-city-and-boston-exam-schools/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=es Their research suggests that students who are "just" admitted to those schools don't do any better than students who "just" miss the admissions cut-off (i.e., functionally identical students who differ only in the schools they attend).  In other words, where kids go to school has no impact on whether they attend ivy league schools, suggesting that the "quality" impact of the elite schools are overrated.  They found similar results for schools in Boston too.  If elite schools place better than non-elite schools, the data suggests its because they admit elite students, not that they're better schools.   Something to keep in mind while ranking law schools.  
    • Did you apply for first year JD? I am confused how you would have been able to apply past the November 1st deadline. Are you a transfer student?
×