Just got the call

LSAT 168 

cGPA 3.54

L2 3.9 

Above average ECs and good LRs

Good luck to everybody waiting! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KilltheLSAT said:

Anyone received email after phone call or status update on OLSAS. I have received neither. Little anxious. 

Don't worry. Email took a little less than a full day and status update/follow up email on myinfo 2 days later and OLSAS has not been updated whatsoever. You'll get confirmation soon though :)

• Thanks 1

On 2017-12-06 at 9:32 AM, OldOne said:

No, Lawschoolhopeful2017 called the whole thread useless because 1 GPA wasn't posted. If you are curious about something, ask. 

Just for the record, its well known that the purpose of these threads is to share GPA and LSAT results for current and future applicants to gauge their chances off of. What I meant was that simply posting a GPA or LSAT without the other thing doesn't help anyone gauge their chances. So, in this situation, Lawfulwaffle would've been better off not posting at all. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LawSchoolHopeful2017 said:

Just for the record, its well known that the purpose of these threads is to share GPA and LSAT results for current and future applicants to gauge their chances off of. What I meant was that simply posting a GPA or LSAT without the other thing doesn't help anyone gauge their chances. So, in this situation, Lawfulwaffle would've been better off not posting at all. 

I respectfully disagree. It could have been an oversight. Some people just post, "I'm in" and nothing else. I personally do not know my exact GPA (yet) as I dont have a hard copy of my transcript..graduated over 10 years ago.

All I am saying is a simple question would have sufficed, and not come off as rude.  

This is not meant as an attack.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LawSchoolHopeful2017 said:

You also need to recognize that some people are new to these threads and if you had a problem, you could have kept on scrolling or simply asked. Speaking to people in such a demeaning way is unnecessary and uncalled for.

Edited by Lawfulwaffle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a call today from the Dean but unfortunately, I missed the call. I haven't received an email. Anyone have any idea if this is acceptance?

8 minutes ago, lawgirly said:

I got a call today from the Dean but unfortunately, I missed the call. I haven't received an email. Anyone have any idea if this is acceptance?

I would assume so, especially if it was the Dean. It would seem highly improbable to me that they would call for any other reason, then again I would call back tomorrow just to verify (assuming they don't try and call you again). If you were accepted congratulations :)

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 8:26 AM, Luckycharm said:

is Lakehead your first choice?

Victoria and Calgary are my first choices. But I am still super excited about this offer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

26 minutes ago, WishfulThinker said:

Victoria and Calgary are my first choices. But I am still super excited about this offer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Please decline asap when u hear from them

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Please decline asap when u hear from them

I do not want to give anyone the wrong impression as I am seriously considering this offer. The logistics of staying in my hometown for school might outweigh my personal preferences. I also would like to go to the welcome day event at Lakehead to ask lots of questions in order to help in my decision making should the other schools accept me. So because of this I wont decline my offer until I have made an informed decision given my circumstances.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WishfulThinker said:

I do not want to give anyone the wrong impression as I am seriously considering this offer. The logistics of staying in my hometown for school might outweigh my personal preferences. I also would like to go to the welcome day event at Lakehead to ask lots of questions in order to help in my decision making should the other schools accept me. So because of this I wont decline my offer until I have made an informed decision given my circumstances.

Good for you

With your stats, you probably get an offer from all schools you applied.

Enjoy the fishing while you are there. Thunder Bay is like a gem in Ontario North.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Good for you

With your stats, you probably get an offer from all schools you applied.

Enjoy the fishing while you are there. Thunder Bay is like a gem in Ontario North.

Thanks! Hopefully if my December lsat score is higher than my current 157 I will hear from Uvic. Going through last years accepted thread there makes me doubtful with my current score.

Yes fishing here is awesome! We pull in lots of pickerel off the dock at camp (Cottage/Cabin). Great fishing with minimal effort.

Cheers,

-WT