iReminisce

Accepted to Western 2018

4 minutes ago, Roger5384 said:

Congrats! Very similar stats. What are your LORs and ECs like? 

Thank you! I hope you hear from AdComm soon!

2 strong LORs (both from professors I worked closely with) and average ECs (leadership roles in a few clubs, part-time job)

2 hours ago, panda23 said:

Accepted!

LSAT: 165

cGPA: 3.47

L2: 3.85

Was not expecting to hear back this early given my low cGPA.

Did you get an email or was it on the student centre?

22 minutes ago, JDtobe said:

Acceptances on Student Centre came out long before, ~1100-1130. I got the email telling me to check SC at 1745.

7 hours ago, JDtobe said:

^What @RNGesus said. Saw it on student centre first, and the received email at 5:45 pm.

Congratulations to all those accepted.

For those interested, I officially declined my offer as London is just too far from family for me. Hopefully this frees up space for someone else early in the cycle.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, iReminisce said:

Congratulations to all those accepted.

For those interested, I officially declined my offer as London is just too far from family for me. Hopefully this frees up space for someone else early in the cycle.

Just curious, why would you choose to decline an offer so soon, besides freeing up a spot for someone else? It's not like you gain a benefit from rejecting it early, unless all your acceptances are in.

16 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Just curious, why would you choose to decline an offer so soon, besides freeing up a spot for someone else? It's not like you gain a benefit from rejecting it early, unless all your acceptances are in.

Well I received offers from 2 of 3 schools that I had the most interest in. It just doesn't make sense to hang onto a spot here when it could go to someone else.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, iReminisce said:

Well I received offers from 2 of 3 schools that I had the most interest in. It just doesn't make sense to hang onto a spot here when it could go to someone else.

My philosophy is that I paid a lot of money for law school applications so I want to get my money's worth even if I get into my first choice early.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

My philosophy is that I paid a lot of money for law school applications so I want to get my money's worth even if I get into my first choice early.

That's fair. But from my POV it's more in my self-interest to simplify the decision process by narrowing down the options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I won't have access to my acceptance package for a good while, does anyone know if these offers are conditional? Like need to maintain a 75% average in your final year, or have to graduate on time?

• Like 1

Still waiting on the acceptance package in the mail, the letter in student centre is very basic and doesn’t mention any conditions. 

11 hours ago, RNGesus said:

As I won't have access to my acceptance package for a good while, does anyone know if these offers are conditional? Like need to maintain a 75% average in your final year, or have to graduate on time?

I was told by the Uwindsor Law Advisor that Ontario schools do not tend to have conditional acceptances. But I'm really curious to definitively know the answer.

• Like 1