Jump to content
iReminisce

Accepted to Western 2018

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Roger5384 said:

Congrats! Very similar stats. What are your LORs and ECs like? 

Thank you! I hope you hear from AdComm soon!

2 strong LORs (both from professors I worked closely with) and average ECs (leadership roles in a few clubs, part-time job)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, panda23 said:

Accepted!

LSAT: 165

cGPA: 3.47

L2: 3.85

Was not expecting to hear back this early given my low cGPA.

Did you get an email or was it on the student centre?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JDtobe said:

Did you get an email or was it on the student centre?

Acceptances on Student Centre came out long before, ~1100-1130. I got the email telling me to check SC at 1745.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JDtobe said:

Did you get an email or was it on the student centre?

^What @RNGesus said. Saw it on student centre first, and the received email at 5:45 pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all those accepted.

For those interested, I officially declined my offer as London is just too far from family for me. Hopefully this frees up space for someone else early in the cycle.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iReminisce said:

Congratulations to all those accepted.

For those interested, I officially declined my offer as London is just too far from family for me. Hopefully this frees up space for someone else early in the cycle.

Just curious, why would you choose to decline an offer so soon, besides freeing up a spot for someone else? It's not like you gain a benefit from rejecting it early, unless all your acceptances are in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Just curious, why would you choose to decline an offer so soon, besides freeing up a spot for someone else? It's not like you gain a benefit from rejecting it early, unless all your acceptances are in.

Well I received offers from 2 of 3 schools that I had the most interest in. It just doesn't make sense to hang onto a spot here when it could go to someone else.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iReminisce said:

Well I received offers from 2 of 3 schools that I had the most interest in. It just doesn't make sense to hang onto a spot here when it could go to someone else.

My philosophy is that I paid a lot of money for law school applications so I want to get my money's worth even if I get into my first choice early.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

My philosophy is that I paid a lot of money for law school applications so I want to get my money's worth even if I get into my first choice early.

That's fair. But from my POV it's more in my self-interest to simplify the decision process by narrowing down the options.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I won't have access to my acceptance package for a good while, does anyone know if these offers are conditional? Like need to maintain a 75% average in your final year, or have to graduate on time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting on the acceptance package in the mail, the letter in student centre is very basic and doesn’t mention any conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RNGesus said:

As I won't have access to my acceptance package for a good while, does anyone know if these offers are conditional? Like need to maintain a 75% average in your final year, or have to graduate on time?

I was told by the Uwindsor Law Advisor that Ontario schools do not tend to have conditional acceptances. But I'm really curious to definitively know the answer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×