iReminisce

Accepted to Western 2018

1 minute ago, LeoandCharlie said:

Where does one check their status? Did the change happen where it used to say "applied" or is there somewhere else people are looking?

Just where it says applied

• Thanks 1

Just now, Maverictory said:

Did you guys get an email? 

Nope, just checked the student center after seeing this thread.

5 minutes ago, KermitK said:

Accepted as well! 

LSAT - 166

cGPA - 3.83 

15 minutes ago, Housecopter said:

In!

3.73 cGPA / 3.71 L2 / 165 LSAT
Journeyman trade / strong softs
Currently in 4th year undergrad

Surname letters?

Congrats guys!

For anybody more in the know, are admissions usually in batches or do they roll out during the day?

• Like 2

I was just on the phone with one of the Western Admission Officers, I have very similar stats but have not heard back from Western. She told me she's waiting for my Dec LSAT score to come in even though I did score a good 16X on my Sept LSAT. So for those of you who are in the same boat, don't worry.  

• Like 1

Just now, SassyLittleGenius said:

I was just on the phone with one of the Western Admission Officers, I have very similar stats but have not heard back from Western. She told me she's waiting for my Dec LSAT score to come in even though I did score a good 16X on my Sept LSAT. So for those of you who are in the same boat, don't worry.  

Ah, phew. 

2 minutes ago, SassyLittleGenius said:

Is it acceptable to call in and inquire about your status? Like "hi my name is x, did i get in?"

4 minutes ago, SassyLittleGenius said:

It's just the first wave, there's plenty of time from here to April. Seems a touch early to be calling AdComm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RNGesus said:

It's just the first wave, there's plenty of time from here to April. Seems a touch early to be calling AdComm.

Yeah now is definitely not the time for panic. If you check past years, people with incredible stats didn't get in until February/March, even if they weren't waiting for an LSAT score.

I'm just hoping to hear back from at least one school by Christmas so I can confidently tell my family I'm going to law school next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blondlaw said:

Is it acceptable to call in and inquire about your status? Like "hi my name is x, did i get in?"

Just now, RNGesus said:

I called because all my transcripts are from the States, and it took OLSAS insanely long to process/review them. At one point I realized Ottawa only received one of the two I send. Since I cannot track my document from Western, I decided to call Western just to be safe. Then I mentioned someone else got in.. And she told me they're waiting for my Dec LSAT.. I don't think it's a good idea to just call and ask about your stats. She didn't tell me anything about acceptance/rejection/waitlist based on my stats.

Accepted Today :) 

cGPA and L2 both 3.7-3.8ish depending on how they calculate exchange grades

LSAT: 168

Likely below average softs

3 hours ago, LawStudent1996 said:

Status just changed as well!

LSAT: 162

cGPA: 3.83

L2: 3.86

Western Undergrad, general category, surname starts with H

Congrats! Very similar stats. What are your LORs and ECs like?