SassyLittleGenius

When are ON schools' first round of acceptances coming out?

When are ON schools' first round of acceptance coming out?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. When?

• Tomorrow? (Dec.1st)
    • Early next week? (Dec. 4-6ish)
    • Later next week? (Dec. 6-8ish)
    • OMG. The week after? (Dec.11-15ish)
    • NEVER.. JK. 2018
  2. 2. Where First?

• Ottawa
    • Osgoode
    • Western
    • Queens
    • UofT
    • Windsor
    • Lakehead

A very reliable imaginary source has informed me that the OLSAS carrier pigeons with GPA/ LSAT scores arrived first at the House of WIndsor, then to the Halls of Osgoode, then to Chateau Western, Queens, and Ottawa. The UofT pigeon could not survive the Mississauga smog so a drone will be sent in its place. In following, the admissions committee received said bundles and have begun identifying their early applicant decisions. The schools this year have decided to employ a variety of techniques in choosing their future law cohort:

Windsor- A more comical version of 52 pick-up

Osgoode- dart board

Western- Pawned off to 2nd year Ivey students. They had to submit commentary on each student's app by Dec 2. 

Queen's- all apps to be raffled off to a poor soul at the ad-com secret santa party 

Ottawa- traditional reviews

Toronto- outsourced to Taiwan 

Consequently, as a result of these innovative adcom decisions, the first three remaining schools to release decisions (en-masse) will be:

Western (Dec 6 midday), then Osgoode (Dec 7), then Ottawa (Dec 8)

Edited by fryingpanman
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, fryingpanman said:

Consequently, as a result of these innovative adcom decisions, the first three remaining schools to release decisions (en-masse) will be:

Do you have legit inside info on these dates or are you speculating?

19 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Do you have legit inside info on these dates or are you speculating?

I'd say he's pretty clearly joking here, I wouldn't even go so far as to call it speculating.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fryingpanman said:

A very reliable imaginary source has informed me that the OLSAS carrier pigeons with GPA/ LSAT scores arrived first at the House of WIndsor, then to the Halls of Osgoode, then to Chateau Western, Queens, and Ottawa. The UofT pigeon could not survive the Mississauga smog so a drone will be sent in its place. In following, the admissions committee received said bundles and have begun identifying their early applicant decisions. The schools this year have decided to employ a variety of techniques in choosing their future law cohort:

Osgoode- dart board

Western- Pawned off to 2nd year Ivey students. They had to submit commentary on each student's app by Dec 2. 

Queen's- all apps to be raffled off to a poor soul at the ad-com secret santa party 

fryingpanman may be on to something here...

Western acceptances came out today midday lol 

Just now, wildcat23 said:

fryingpanman may be on to something here...

Western acceptances came out today midday lol 

I was about to say that. He knows more than he's letting on.

Well, seeing that my Western prediction turned out to by right (albeit this was entirely luck based, although it was informed by statistical analysis), I am gonna go out and say that tomorrow we will hear from Ottawa. 

Thursday's have been a really active day for Ottawa this cycle so I'm going to go ahead and posit that tomorrow we will begin to see some offers coming from them. 

As for Osgoode, I'm convinced late next week is when offers will come. I also do not think any more acceptances will be issued by Western until late next week (I am really hoping I am wrong on this one as I really want to be accepted to Western but think I'm going to be accepted late in the cycle).

Congrats to all accepted today! 

Would I be included in the first waves I wrote my first LSAT 4 days ago (Dec 2017 LSAT), or would it have to be after marks come out in Jan?

1 minute ago, Links said:

Would I be included in the first waves I wrote my first LSAT 4 days ago (Dec 2017 LSAT), or would it have to be after marks come out in Jan?

You won't hear anything until the schools receive your LSAT score

2 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

You won't hear anything until the schools receive your LSAT score

Would they receive it before we see it on LSAC?

1 minute ago, Links said:

I would assume no but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Just now, chaboywb said:

No.

2 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

I would assume no but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Thanks guys!

10 minutes ago, Links said:

I was told by Windsor that the schools get our December LSAT around mid-January, so we won't hear anything back until then unfortunately.

Another day offerless 😭. Congrats to everyone with an offer so far, you can breathe easy.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OldOne said:

Another day offerless 😭. Congrats to everyone with an offer so far, you can breathe easy.

Probably the schools haven't started reviewing the mature applicants. I hope you will hear some good news soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yww93 said:

Probably the schools haven't started reviewing the mature applicants. I hope you will hear some good news soon!

Thank you!!

I wish they would review soon, as a mature applicant we've already been waiting so long for this!😁

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2017 at 9:17 PM, fryingpanman said:

Osgoode- dart board

Ok fryingpanman, just admit you work for OLSAS.

• Like 4

I have a previous LSAT score (September) but I also just wrote in December 2017. Will schools avoid reviewing my application until the December score comes out? Or if I get passed over for this first cycle is it a result of my stats (existing LSAT) not competitive enough for first-round admission?