anonymous95

Accepted at McGill 2018

Hey guys,

Do you mind if I ask what province/country you are in? Are you all located in Quebec so far?

Are early admissions offered to students outside Quebec?

Hi @nocturnowl

I know one of the very first candidate that was admitted last year was from PEI. I don't think McGill offers places to candidates within Quebec first. As far as I know, your location doesn't influence the order in which your application will be reviewed, only your grades do.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nocturnowl said:

Hey guys,

Do you mind if I ask what province/country you are in? Are you all located in Quebec so far?

I’m from Ontario!

7 hours ago, Gerwulf said:

Hi @nocturnowl

I know one of the very first candidate that was admitted last year was from PEI. I don't think McGill offers places to candidates within Quebec first. As far as I know, your location doesn't influence the order in which your application will be reviewed, only your grades do.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Thanks for the answer. 

see, what makes me nervous is that I have higher grades than the accepted thus far. I wonder if that means my PS or LORs were not so hot.

Congrats to everybody so far 

7 minutes ago, nocturnowl said:

see, what makes me nervous is that I have higher grades than the accepted thus far. I wonder if that means my PS or LORs were not so hot.

Do you think your application warrants a French interview? That could be why you have yet to receive an offer. Early December offers are super rare, so they seem to go to people who are demonstrably bilingual and do not require an interview. 

If your stats are >3.9 and >170 you have nothing to worry about. Don't be discouraged just because you did not receive a spot in the incredibly tiny first round of offers!

1 hour ago, jan said:

Do you think your application warrants a French interview? That could be why you have yet to receive an offer. Early December offers are super rare, so they seem to go to people who are demonstrably bilingual and do not require an interview. 

If your stats are >3.9 and >170 you have nothing to worry about. Don't be discouraged just because you did not receive a spot in the incredibly tiny first round of offers!

Hey Jan.
 My GPA is 3.95 / 4.0, but I did not write the LSAT. I mentioned that I did french immersion and worked in a french language setting for one year. I consider myself bilingual, I do know language interviews have started so I've been waiting for a call. 

I am admittedly envious of all those who no longer have to stress about the decision :)

Thanks for the response

47 minutes ago, nocturnowl said:

Hey Jan.
 My GPA is 3.95 / 4.0, but I did not write the LSAT. I mentioned that I did french immersion and worked in a french language setting for one year. I consider myself bilingual, I do know language interviews have started so I've been waiting for a call. 

I am admittedly envious of all those who no longer have to stress about the decision :)

Thanks for the response

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. With that GPA, you would need to have massively screwed up your PS not to be accepted. With that GPA, I highty doubt you messed your PS to a point where you won't get in. Don't worry, you should be accepted soon :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nocturnowl said:

Hey guys,

I'm also from Ontario.

Good luck with your application! Sounds like you'll be getting in for sure :) 

ACCEPTED! Just got my email! I had my French interview yesterday so I'm very happy for the quick response. McGill is undoubtedly my top choice so I will almost certainly be enrolling. This is a dream come true.

GPA: 3.9 out of 4.0

LSAT: 168

From the United States :)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

ACCEPTED! Just got my email! I had my French interview yesterday so I'm very happy for the quick response. McGill is undoubtedly my top choice so I will almost certainly be enrolling. This is a dream come true.

GPA: 3.9 out of 4.0

LSAT: 168

From the United States :)

Congrats! Awesome stats by the way!

Looking forward to meeting you! :)

• Like 1

Admitted with French condition!

Here are my stats:

• Currently in my fourth year of a four-year degree
  • 3.94/4.0
  • 170 LSAT
  • Mediocre résumé (government internship, on-campus jobs, president of a departmental association, activism stuff)
  • Not sure about my references
Edited by jan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jan said:

Admitted with French condition!

Here are my stats:

• Currently in my fourth year of a four-year degree
  • 3.94/4.0
  • 170 LSAT
  • Mediocre résumé (government internship, on-campus jobs, president of a departmental association, activism stuff)
  • Not sure about my references

Congrats! :)

Hi! Does anyone know which number they call from for the French interview? Is it a regular McGill 398-xxxx number? I do not want to miss the call (if they do call!)

Also, does anyone know approximately how many people hear back in the entire month of December?

5 hours ago, hellogoodbye1234 said:

Hi! Does anyone know which number they call from for the French interview? Is it a regular McGill 398-xxxx number? I do not want to miss the call (if they do call!)

If you have caller ID, it'll literally say "McGill Law Admissions." Otherwise, yes, it's a 398 number. 

5 hours ago, hellogoodbye1234 said:

Also, does anyone know approximately how many people hear back in the entire month of December?

Looking at previous years, very few. Lots of competitive applicants get in around January and February. 

1 hour ago, jan said:

If you have caller ID, it'll literally say "McGill Law Admissions." Otherwise, yes, it's a 398 number. 

Looking at previous years, very few. Lots of competitive applicants get in around January and February. 

Great, thank you Jan!