anonymous95

Accepted at McGill 2018

1 hour ago, tjbiz said:

But at this point I just wanna know lol.

Same boat. Mature applicant, ~3.5ish cGPA, 165 LSAT, still "ready for review". Already admitted to a civil program and satisfied the french requirement at that institution. The people want to know!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lawprospect2k18 said:

Hi everyone! CEGEP student here.

I had my interview on March 29, but I haven't received my decision yet. Should I be worried? I'm not sure the interview went well...

They say it is 3 weeks to get an answer so I would check in minerva or call if I were you. I also had an interview and I am waiting my answer. Mine was on April 17th

• Thanks 1

Accepted as of April 26th!

I received a bilingual email with information on the faculty saying "félicitations pour votre admission à la Faculté de droit à McGill!" That was how I first found out and then I checked my status on Minerva and it said "Admitted with condition" (the completion of my undergrad). 

GPA: 4.02 /4.3

LSAT: 157

Very strong ECs, international exchange to Sciences Po in Paris, several government work contracts, academic awards, intermediate level French, strong reference letters (I believe), and a perhaps comparatively weak PS (nothing in particular to catch their attention or make it memorable - one of my big regrets). 

McGill Law has been my dream for as long as I can remember so I have officially accepted my offer :) 

Congratulations to all those admitted and best of luck to all those who are still waiting! It is definitely stressful but several law students told me they did not hear back until May or June. Keep faith :) 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

question:

I have a BA (magna cum laude grad), a Masters degree, I'm trilingual, and have a lot of internship/volunteer experience. Did not write the LSAT though. I applied last October/November, and I'm still waiting on a response (it still says "ready for review on Minerva).  Anyone else in this sort of situation, and should I be worried? 

Edited by anon2018

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, anon2018 said:

Hi All,

question:

I have a BA (magna cum laude grad), a Masters degree, I'm trilingual, and have a lot of internship/volunteer experience. Did not write the LSAT though. I applied last October/November, and I'm still waiting on a response. Anyone else in this sort of situation, and should I be worried? 

I'm in the exact same position as you.  I also have a masters degree and I am multilingual.  Should I also be worried?  Without sounding arrogant, I would consider myself to have more than average ECs, international experience / volunteer experience and my grades are competitive. I wish you luck, anon2018.   This is the longest wait of my life for something I would dedicate the rest of my life to....

Edited by WaitingOnTheHorizon
  • Like 1

Very best of luck to you too, WaitingOnTheHorizon! SO STRESSFUL!! I've also only applied to one school so it's making it so much worse ahhh! :unsure:

• Like 2

I'm in exactly the same place as you two, waitingonthehorizon and anon2018! The wait is absolutely agonizing. At this point, I just want to know if it's a "NO" so I can move on with my life. I guess we'll all just have to hang in there. I will say I'm happy I'm not completely alone in this! Best of luck on the journey everyone :)

• Like 3

I’m also in the same boat. Seems a bit coincidental that they’re waiting on people with Masters degrees? Maybe they make decisions a bit later on for people who are older/have graduate degrees? Obviously there are exceptions to this, as there have already been people accepted who have graduate degrees but it seems odd that there’s at least 3-4 of us who haven’t heard anything but who have similar stats.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I can vouch for the fact that many undergraduate students are in the same boat, too. 

On that note, I can confirm that waitlist have been going out as well (I know a few people), so... no news is good news? 

who knows... :( 

• Sad 2

In the same boat as many of you. Waiting with growing impatience and anxiety. BSc, MSc, 6 years work experience in healthcare, decent ECs, international student and clinical experience, multilingual...would like to know one way or the other so I can have some peace of mind. 

• Like 2

There's another forum for those who have been refused: "Refused 2018," which does confirm that some refusals have already been issued (looks like only to undergrad applicants, no Mature or CEGEP students have posted there). Obviously these numbers are misleading; if I was refused, I don't think my first move would be to seek out a message board to post to.

Nonetheless, very interesting to hear that some people have already been waitlisted. From this forum, it appears that not ONE mature student has gotten an answer yet. Hmm...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Frankie576 said:

I’m also in the same boat. Seems a bit coincidental that they’re waiting on people with Masters degrees? Maybe they make decisions a bit later on for people who are older/have graduate degrees? Obviously there are exceptions to this, as there have already been people accepted who have graduate degrees but it seems odd that there’s at least 3-4 of us who haven’t heard anything but who have similar stats.

Not at all. Many Mcgill students have graduate degrees. Students with graduate degrees have already been admitted.

Cegep students have already started their interviews. It is unknown whether mature students have started interviews. This site gets few mcgill students compared to other schools so this forum is no way representative of what is happening with adcoms.

I certainly understans the frustration. Y'all are not helping yourselves with the speculation. Mcgill is not nefariously ignoring "older students" (i've met 23 years old with MAs and 30 years olds finishing their BA...) 

Edited by artsydork
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

How many rejection letters have been sent out thus far?!?  Nobody seems to post that on this forum.

This is the Accepted thread. Let's try to keep the discussion related to that, please. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Was just accepted via email! I had a French interview this past week. Good luck to those waiting :) 

GPA 3.41 

MA 3.85 

LSAT 169

• Like 4

Admitted today via email. I have an undergraduate degree (honours) from out-of-province. Graduated with a 4.1 on a 4.3 scale. LSAT 2016: 148, LSAT 2017: 159. I am from Montreal and  have great references and ECs. Will likely be declining in favour of Osgoode Hall. 

• Like 3

Admitted today! 

CGPA: 3.77, no LSAT, a recent graduate from McGill, joint honors B.A.

To those still waiting, be hopeful! You all deserve it.

Edited by orangepeel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Accepted offer to McGill earlier this week. Offer was made in late April following French comprehension phone interview in early March.

B.A. GPA was 3.5ish (scales differ but between a B+ and A-); M.A. GPA was more in the A- range. Took LSAT twice and got 161 and 170. Decent ECs, couple years' substantive work experience, decent French comprehension but not fully bilingual.

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!