anonymous95

Accepted at McGill 2018

Got accepted this afternoon, so thought I'd start a post! 

GPA: 3.87, LSAT 169, solid softs and reference letters. (Comparatively) weak French. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, legallybl0nd said:

Congratulations!! How exciting! Did you receive an email, or on Minerva? Great stats! 

I received an email, and now Minerva shows as "Admitted." My official letter will apparently be available tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

@anonymous95 Congratulations! You have great stats. Did you have a French interview first?

I didn't even have a French interview! I have decent French experience, as in I've studied it in university a bit, and managed to take an upper year interdisciplinary French course, but I never studied French until university. I openly admitted in my personal statement that I'm not fully bilingual, but that I'm willing to work on it. 

@anonymous95 Got it. Congratulations again! We have very similar stats....like, very similar, haha. Hoping that means McGill will be sending me some good news soon. I feel great about my French but I'm not sure if they will want to give me a French interview.

Congrats to those admitted and best wishes for all those awaiting !! Quick question: is there any chance that a mature applicant with fairly  strong profile gets a decision early in the process ?

Edited by Knight

I just wanted to note on here that for other applicants not to worry. A very small amount of acceptances go out (proportionally) in December at McGill. Think of it as a pre-early acceptance round. To those who've gotten in, congrats and I hope you choose McGill! To those who are sitting anxiously, don't worry, a very large number of acceptances will go out in January and beyond (moreso than other schools, proportionally).

• Like 4

Accepted as well!!! 4.0 GPA, 162 LSAT, strong ECs.

I won't be accepting my spot, so I hope this opens up some space for others eager to get into McGill. Congrats to everyone!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, katefromlawschool said:

I won't be accepting my spot, so I hope this opens up some space for others eager to get into McGill. Congrats to everyone!

Congrats! How strong is your French, if you don't mind? 

On 11/30/2017 at 1:02 PM, katefromlawschool said:

On 11/30/2017 at 12:42 AM, Anonymous170 said:

I also got accepted this afternoon!

GPA: 3.9, LSAT 170, French Minor from undergrad

Congrats to you both! Did either of you have a french interview? 

1 hour ago, 40lawz said:

Congrats to you both! Did either of you have a french interview? 

Thank you! I didn't have a french interview, but I indicated in my application that I'm fairly bilingual 

On 2017-11-30 at 8:15 AM, Knight said:

Congrats to those admitted and best wishes for all those awaiting !! Quick question: is there any chance that a mature applicant with fairly  strong profile gets a decision early in the process ?

Mature applicants would normally go through an interview with two professors. There might have been other dates, but last year I am only aware of such interviews being held in late March, with decisions being taken a few weeks after.

• Thanks 1

Does anybody know what the policy for international applicants is in terms of calling for the French interview?

14 hours ago, McGlaw said:

@katefromlawschool

@Anonymous170

@anonymous95

Well done, guys! What was your cGPA in percentage (prior to OLSAS conversion)? 

My school doesn’t actually give percentile grades. Anything from 90-100 is an A+, 85-89 is A, and 80-84 is an A-. It’s on a 12 point scale. This screws up our gpas because if you get a 99% in one class and a 89% in another, you’d get an 11.5 average which is around an 87.5, since they average the 12 point scores rather than the percentage scores. 

But for comparison, my grades were:

first year: 2 A+s, 1 A, 2 A-s

second year: 4 A+s, 1 A

third year: 5 A+s

fourth year: 4 A+s, 1 A

• Thanks 1