Got the email at 9:51 AM this morning!

Stats: 3.84 GPA, 160 LSAT.  Decent soft. I think my personal statement was good, but don't we all. Absolutely shocked to hear back this early!

• Like 4

I just got an email saying they're waiting on one of my referees to submit before they evaluate :( I wish it was more acceptable to email the referee and ask them to finish by today haha

59 minutes ago, rachelzane12 said:

I just got an email saying they're waiting on one of my referees to submit before they evaluate  I wish it was more acceptable to email the referee and ask them to finish by today haha

Dude, I feel for you. One of my profs didn't submit until two days before the deadline (for ontario schools). Needless to say I was tense.

Edited by Bart

2 hours ago, Bart said:

Stats: 3.84 GPA, 160 LSAT.  Decent soft. I think my personal statement was good, but don't we all. Absolutely shocked to hear back this early!

Congratulations! 

Is 3.84 (4.0 or 4.3?) your L2?

If so the index is:

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.84 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8025

If this is correct you must be from a maritime province.

6 minutes ago, LawStream said:

Congratulations! 

Is 3.84 (4.0 or 4.3?) your L2?

If so the index is:

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.84 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8025

If this is correct you must be from a maritime province.

3.84 is on the 4.0 scale and is my cumulative. I am an Ontario resident. When I called Rose I told her I was surprised because my lsat is a little low. She said while that is true my application was overall strong. She also said my referees had very nice things to say about me.

Edited by Bart
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bart said:

3.84 is on the 4.0 scale and is my cumulative. I am an Ontario resident. When I called Rose I told her I was surprised because my lsat is a little low. She said while that is true my application was overall strong. She also said my referees had very nice things to say about me.

May I ask what your last 2 is?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, LawStream said:

May I ask what your last 2 is?

Thanks.

Depends how they calculate it. For personal reasons I normally took four courses at a time. So if they just look at my last two years it is a 3.88. If, however, they look to my final 3 to get enough credits to calculate enough credits for an l2 it becomes 3.87.

Edited by Bart

2 minutes ago, Bart said:

Depends how they calculate it. For personal reasons I normally took four courses at a time. So if they just look at my last two years it is a 3.88. If, however, they look to my final 3 to get enough credits to calculate enough credits for an l2 it becomes 3.87.

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.88 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8081

Checked with Rose 0.81 should be auto-in for Ontario resident.

I think you will get into Queens, Western and Osgoode as well if you applied.

Congratulations again!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LawStream said:

Congratulations again!

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck to you buddy. Also, I applied to all those schools you listed, lol.

25 minutes ago, LawStream said:

Congratulations again!

Is this how they calculate your GPA & LSAT into a "score" for admissions? So if I have a 160 LSAT and a 3.91 GPA on the 4.33 scale, I get a .8084. That should work out for a NS resident, in theory?

12 minutes ago, exo said:

Is this how they calculate your GPA & LSAT into a "score" for admissions? So if I have a 160 LSAT and a 3.91 GPA on the 4.33 scale, I get a .8084. That should work out for a NS resident, in theory?

Admission at some point in the cycle with those stats would be consistent with the mildly lower admission standards of the past few years even without resident status. With resident status I would suspect you to be a candidate for earlier admission.

38 minutes ago, exo said:

You can email Rose to ask your GPA / L2 in 4.3 scale.

If 3.91 is your confirmed GPA or L2 in 4.3 scale you will be in.

Folks, let's keep the random discussion out of the Admitted threads. There are 12 posts in this thread and only one admitted student.

Thank you!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bart said:

Hey Bart, congratulations on your acceptance! Can I ask when your file was completed?

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDee21 said:

Hey Bart, congratulations on your acceptance! Can I ask when your file was completed?

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words JDee21!  The last piece of my application was received by Dalhousie on November 2nd. Good luck with your applications!

• Like 1

Hi all,

Got the email this morning. 

CGPA- 3.65 L2- 3.85~ LSAT- 165 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cmb123 said:

Hi all,

Got the email this morning. 

CGPA- 3.65 L2- 3.85~ LSAT- 165 

Congratulations Bart and Cmb123! Both your stats are pretty great, so I'm not really surprised at both your early acceptances. Bart, I read that your app was completed at Nov 2nd, but I was wondering when your (Cmb123) application was completed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenyellownoses said:

Congratulations Bart and Cmb123! Both your stats are pretty great, so I'm not really surprised at both your early acceptances. Bart, I read that your app was completed at Nov 2nd, but I was wondering when your (Cmb123) application was completed?

My last reference was submitted around October 27th.

1 hour ago, Cmb123 said:

My last reference was submitted around October 27th.

Congrats on your admittance! May I ask if/when you received a "your application is complete and under review" email?