Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Got the email at 9:51 AM this morning!

Stats: 3.84 GPA, 160 LSAT.  Decent soft. I think my personal statement was good, but don't we all. Absolutely shocked to hear back this early!

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got an email saying they're waiting on one of my referees to submit before they evaluate :( I wish it was more acceptable to email the referee and ask them to finish by today haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, rachelzane12 said:

I just got an email saying they're waiting on one of my referees to submit before they evaluate  I wish it was more acceptable to email the referee and ask them to finish by today haha

Dude, I feel for you. One of my profs didn't submit until two days before the deadline (for ontario schools). Needless to say I was tense.

 

 

Edited by Bart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bart said:

Got the email at 9:51 AM this morning!

Stats: 3.84 GPA, 160 LSAT.  Decent soft. I think my personal statement was good, but don't we all. Absolutely shocked to hear back this early!

 

 

Congratulations! 

Is 3.84 (4.0 or 4.3?) your L2?

If so the index is:

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.84 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8025

If this is correct you must be from a maritime province.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LawStream said:

Congratulations! 

Is 3.84 (4.0 or 4.3?) your L2?

If so the index is:

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.84 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8025

If this is correct you must be from a maritime province.

 

3.84 is on the 4.0 scale and is my cumulative. I am an Ontario resident. When I called Rose I told her I was surprised because my lsat is a little low. She said while that is true my application was overall strong. She also said my referees had very nice things to say about me.

Edited by Bart
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bart said:

3.84 is on the 4.0 scale and is my cumulative. I am an Ontario resident. When I called Rose I told her I was surprised because my lsat is a little low. She said while that is true my application was overall strong. She also said my referees had very nice things to say about me.

May I ask what your last 2 is?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LawStream said:

May I ask what your last 2 is?

Thanks.

Depends how they calculate it. For personal reasons I normally took four courses at a time. So if they just look at my last two years it is a 3.88. If, however, they look to my final 3 to get enough credits to calculate enough credits for an l2 it becomes 3.87.

Edited by Bart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bart said:

Depends how they calculate it. For personal reasons I normally took four courses at a time. So if they just look at my last two years it is a 3.88. If, however, they look to my final 3 to get enough credits to calculate enough credits for an l2 it becomes 3.87.

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.88 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8081

Checked with Rose 0.81 should be auto-in for Ontario resident.

I think you will get into Queens, Western and Osgoode as well if you applied.

Congratulations again!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LawStream said:

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.88 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8081

Checked with Rose 0.81 should be auto-in for Ontario resident.

I think you will get into Queens, Western and Osgoode as well if you applied.

Congratulations again!

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck to you buddy. Also, I applied to all those schools you listed, lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LawStream said:

(160 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 + 3.88 / 4.3 * 0.6 = 0.8081

Checked with Rose 0.81 should be auto-in for Ontario resident.

I think you will get into Queens, Western and Osgoode as well if you applied.

Congratulations again!

Is this how they calculate your GPA & LSAT into a "score" for admissions? So if I have a 160 LSAT and a 3.91 GPA on the 4.33 scale, I get a .8084. That should work out for a NS resident, in theory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, exo said:

Is this how they calculate your GPA & LSAT into a "score" for admissions? So if I have a 160 LSAT and a 3.91 GPA on the 4.33 scale, I get a .8084. That should work out for a NS resident, in theory?

Admission at some point in the cycle with those stats would be consistent with the mildly lower admission standards of the past few years even without resident status. With resident status I would suspect you to be a candidate for earlier admission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, exo said:

Is this how they calculate your GPA & LSAT into a "score" for admissions? So if I have a 160 LSAT and a 3.91 GPA on the 4.33 scale, I get a .8084. That should work out for a NS resident, in theory?

You can email Rose to ask your GPA / L2 in 4.3 scale.

If 3.91 is your confirmed GPA or L2 in 4.3 scale you will be in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, let's keep the random discussion out of the Admitted threads. There are 12 posts in this thread and only one admitted student.

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bart said:

Got the email at 9:51 AM this morning!

Stats: 3.84 GPA, 160 LSAT.  Decent soft. I think my personal statement was good, but don't we all. Absolutely shocked to hear back this early!

 

 

Hey Bart, congratulations on your acceptance! Can I ask when your file was completed?

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDee21 said:

Hey Bart, congratulations on your acceptance! Can I ask when your file was completed?

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words JDee21!  The last piece of my application was received by Dalhousie on November 2nd. Good luck with your applications!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Got the email this morning. 

CGPA- 3.65 L2- 3.85~ LSAT- 165 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cmb123 said:

Hi all,

Got the email this morning. 

CGPA- 3.65 L2- 3.85~ LSAT- 165 

Congratulations Bart and Cmb123! Both your stats are pretty great, so I'm not really surprised at both your early acceptances. Bart, I read that your app was completed at Nov 2nd, but I was wondering when your (Cmb123) application was completed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greenyellownoses said:

Congratulations Bart and Cmb123! Both your stats are pretty great, so I'm not really surprised at both your early acceptances. Bart, I read that your app was completed at Nov 2nd, but I was wondering when your (Cmb123) application was completed?

My last reference was submitted around October 27th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmb123 said:

My last reference was submitted around October 27th.

Congrats on your admittance! May I ask if/when you received a "your application is complete and under review" email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×