harveyspecter993

Ottawa Application marked as incomplete

4 hours ago, illyria281 said:

Nope you’re not alone, I’ve been looking at apartments in Vancouver and TO all week. Driving myself a little nuts though and should probably be working on my thesis. 

Is this an undergrad or a master's thesis?

1 minute ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Is this an undergrad or a master's thesis?

Just undergrad! 

For those who are as anxious as I am:

I did some creeping on last year's threads. In 2016, the length of time between the first reported "under evaluation" change and the first reported acceptance to Ottawa was about 8 days. Hopefully it's the same this year. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, elise10 said:

I did some creeping on last year's threads. In 2016, the length of time between the first reported "under evaluation" change and the first reported acceptance to Ottawa was about 8 days. Hopefully it's the same this year. 

That'd be awesome considering I went under evaluation sometime last week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbo said:

That'd be awesome considering I went under evaluation sometime last week

Same! Mine changed last Thursday and, given I have a 3.97 CGPA and this is Ottawa, I'm really hoping to hear something near the beginning. 

1 hour ago, elise10 said:

You're doing good work! :P That's an exciting stat to note. 

1 hour ago, elise10 said:

According to their website: "The first Offers of Admission are sent in early January. "

https://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/students/admissions/admissions-criteria/first-year-applicants/file-assessment-process

The confirmation email I received from Queen's also mentioned that the first round of offers will be sent in January.

Has it always been this way where they start sending out offers before their own self-imposed deadline, or are Ontario schools postponing the process this year?

24 minutes ago, 40lawz said:

According to their website: "The first Offers of Admission are sent in early January. "

https://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/students/admissions/admissions-criteria/first-year-applicants/file-assessment-process

The confirmation email I received from Queen's also mentioned that the first round of offers will be sent in January.

Has it always been this way where they start sending out offers before their own self-imposed deadline, or are Ontario schools postponing the process this year?

I noticed that as well. My hopeful theory is that they're simply giving themselves breathing space in case there's some sort of unforeseen event that causes a delay, like the storm last year. I do think their first round of offers will be in late November.

Edited by harveyspecter993

20 minutes ago, GrainOfSalt said:

December 7th was the first reported offer of admissions, according to some members of this forum. 

Last year was an outlier because of the storm. If you look at the earlier threads, Ottawa's first round of decisions are always released in late November.

• Like 1