I'm wondering if anyone here has any idea of what type of index score would qualify for a UBC entrance scholarship? Cost will be a huge factor for me so I'm wondering where I might stand with around a 94 index score.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, randominternetperson said:

I'm wondering if anyone here has any idea of what type of index score would qualify for a UBC entrance scholarship? Cost will be a huge factor for me so I'm wondering where I might stand with around a 94 index score.

Thanks!

Based on the threads in previous year, Index of ~93.5 might qualified for small scholarship for ~ $1000~2000, index of 94 might got bigger ones (>$5000). But the cut-off is different from year to year, UBC is generally quite strict on merit-based scholarship, I have a friend who has index of 94.1 last year and got nothing.

Bursary on the other hand is quite generous from what I heard. 

16 minutes ago, randominternetperson said:

Thanks!

BTW, did you apply to Calgary? they provide very generous entrance scholarships, I believe there are more than 10 scholarships values > $10K and BDP one worth $20K (and renewable for 2 more years) , you stats is for sure very competitive in UofC applicant pool. (~Average 3.63, LSAT 162) 

5 minutes ago, MUTOTOMU55 said:

BTW, did you apply to Calgary? they provide very generous entrance scholarships, I believe there are more than 10 scholarships values > $10K and BDP one worth $20K (and renewable for 2 more years) , you stats is for sure very competitive in UofC applicant pool. (~Average 3.63, LSAT 162) 

PMing you to keep this thread on topic.

Yes, please. The Admitted threads are not the place for tangential discussion.

• Like 1