lau

How many schools are you applying to and why?

I have applied to McGill, UBC, the U of A and the U of C. I am somewhat tempted to apply to UVic or Dal to compare what different schools may offer in terms of scholarships, but also don't want to waste too much money applying to schools. I'm just curious how many schools other people here are applying to and what your rationale is.

I applied to Toronto, Osgoode, Western and Queens. I only applied to those schools because I am confident I will get into all but UofT given my stats. I also only applied within Ontario and specifically those schools because I want to do corporate law and work on Bay when I graduate. 

I'm applying to Western, Queens, Windsor, Ottawa.  Reason is similar to above, I have a pretty decent shot at these schools, ultimately I want to work in Ontario.

Didnt apply to the Toronto schools because I know I won't get in given my stats.

Western, Queens, Ottawa, Osgoode. I feel very confident I'll get into the first two, fairly confident I'll get into Ottawa (my cGPA is less strong than my LSAT) and 50/50 I'll get into Osgoode. I don't want to move to Windsor or Thunder Bay so if I only got into one of those I'd probably spend a year working, rewrite the LSAT, then reapply. I may send out a last minute application to an out of province school (I think UNB accepts them late? And maybe others) if I haven't heard anything at all back by February.

I applied to Osgoode, Ottawa, Queen's, and Western. I'll apply to Dal if I haven't heard from anywhere by the end of January. Osgoode and Western are my top choices because of their business courses.

• Like 1

Windsor, Western, Lakehead, Ottawa, TRU, UNB, DAL

I applied broadly because I do not want to take another year off. Ideally, I would like to stay in Ontario (live in Windsor now) but I would be pretty happy to start a new life on the east coast. (originally from NL) Honestly, TRU was just a last minute decision and a regret- sounds like a great school but I wouldn't be able to deal with being so far from my family in NL in case something happened to them. Bay Street has never been a goal for me and I do not plan in ever living in Toronto.

• Like 1

Windsor, western, queens, ottawa, u of t, dal, vic, u of a, u of c, osgoode

i applied super broadly to be sure that ill get in somewhere. U of c is my top pick, calgary is home. Plus I my parents supported me by paying for my applications which made it easier

Edited by rachelzane12
Forgot osgoode

I did Osgoode, Ottawa, Queens, UBC, UVic, Calgary, U of A. 

I am confident in my GPA but my anxiety got the best of me on my first LSAT. Rewriting the December, but that's the only part of my application left to worry about. 

All I want is to get in and I've been waiting for this my whole life,  so I applied everywhere but the Prairies (need something new!) to give me the best chances. The whole application and LSAT process was a lot of money but to me it's 100% worth it to apply everywhere, so I won't have to say "what if I would have gotten in there if I had applied."

• Like 1

Applied to UBC, UVIC, TRU, TRU ,U of A, U of C, U of M, Western, Ottawa and Queens. I wanted to make sure I got in somewhere. UBC and Uvic are pretty unrealistic but my parents offered to pay the application fee so that I can stay in BC.

32 minutes ago, AWL said:

Applied to UBC, UVIC, TRU, TRU ,U of A, U of C, U of M, Western, Ottawa and Queens. I wanted to make sure I got in somewhere. UBC and Uvic are pretty unrealistic but my parents offered to pay the application fee so that I can stay in BC.

Damn, that's a long list.

• Like 1

Windsor, Western, Ottawa, Queen's, Lakehead and Osgoode. I'll likely apply to Dal as well. I left out U of T because my stats are pretty borderline and I feel confident that I won't get in, so I saved the $100. 

Edited by ruby59

Across the board to make sure I at least get in somewhere.

Reach - Toronto and York

Targets - Western, Queen's, Ottawa

Safeties - Sask and Manitoba 

Miscellaneous - Windsor

• Like 1

UofT, Osgoode, Western, and Queens

I applied to the law schools I would love to go to. I might get rejected from all of them though if my LSAT in December doesn't go well.

UBC, UofT and UofA. UBC and UofA because they're purely index-based schools and UofT as my "why the hell not!". I'm confident I'll get at least one offer (probably from UofA) and don't really mind where I go so I saved my money and didn't apply anywhere else. 

I inadvertently started the same topic just now!  So here's my list: UBC, UVic, Calgary, UofA, Sask, Manitoba, all Ontario schools (except Lakehead), UNB, and Dal. Fourteen in total. 

Forgot to add (Why?).  I really have no idea where I stand chance-wise at most of these schools as I will not have an LSAT score until the end of December, and am being evaluated under alternate categories at many - but not all - of these schools...mature,  special, discretionary, etc.  I'm open to studying and practicing anywhere as well.     

Reach: Queens, Western

Targets: Dal, Alberta, Calgary, Ottawa

Safeties: Windsor, TRU, Manitoba

Wanted to make sure I get in somewhere. No regrets as this point 

• Like 1

I applied to UBC, U of T, Dalhousie, uOttawa & McGill.

Shooting for McGill ultimately, but will be happy at any of the other schools.

U of T is seriously a shoot your shot type of thing.

Wish I could have applied at York, but I didn't have time to pen Osgoode specific personal statements.

Good luck everyone!

I applied to Dal, Ottawa, Queens, Calgary, Alberta, and UVic. 

Reasoning: I have no interest or reason to ever live in Toronto. I have lived in Ontario for a long time, I have family in AB and BC, I'm in love with the east coast. I considered Lakehead, but ultimately decided that, although I'm really intrigued by the curriculum, the school wouldn't complement my law career ambitions.

I wanted to apply to more than a few schools because I'm not the usual law school applicant so previous entrance stats did not give me a sense of where my application would be competitive.