Nabbo

Pro tip - if you applied to Windsor, you can already see your OLSAS cGPA

Log in to the link they sent, under academic click applications, click on your status, and look for "Law Admission Average". I'm sure everyone has already calculated theirs on their own, but it's a little confirmation for ya

It's not up for me yet. Then again I have a foreign transcript. 

Edited by Maverictory

Now I wish I applied to Windsor. I’m hoping Osgoode, Ottawa, Queen’s and Western start sending out their account informations soon.  

Edited by LeoandCharlie
  • Like 1

mine is up but its not correct - is this because it takes time for schools to update all grades? i recall there will be something sent once olsas collates the grades and we can log in and view everything like cgpa/b2 - correct? but for now, my cgpa shows up, but not my cgpa when calculated with my other added coursework.

1 hour ago, rebeccius said:

Mine is not up yet...

When did you submit? I submitted on OLSAS near the beginning of October so my transcripts have been there for a while and been reviewed for a month already

7 hours ago, contigotravelmug said:

mine is up but its not correct - is this because it takes time for schools to update all grades? i recall there will be something sent once olsas collates the grades and we can log in and view everything like cgpa/b2 - correct? but for now, my cgpa shows up, but not my cgpa when calculated with my other added coursework.

Hey yeah I think because they have a lot of documents coming in it can take some time before everything is fully updated. And yes, I believe OLSAS will show us cGPA and L2 and stuff like that within the next few weeks but I'm not 100% sure 

Damn mine isn't up yet. Let's hope my 3.46 gets flipped into a 3.64, and then through some other twist of fate, gets wrongly input as 3.94. Only then will I even begin to consider feeling comfortable.

3 hours ago, Nabbo said:

When did you submit? I submitted on OLSAS near the beginning of October so my transcripts have been there for a while and been reviewed for a month already

Ah that must be it. I submitted just before the deadline. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, where do I find this link (don't know where they sent it)?

Thanks in advnace

Just to let you know gpa is calculated differently by law schools than from your university. They use a different scaling system that is much harsher 

Where would I find this link for Windsor? I have checked my email but have not yet received anything from them. Thanks!

8 hours ago, CAK said:

Where would I find this link for Windsor? I have checked my email but have not yet received anything from them. Thanks!

I got an email from "[email protected]" titled "Acknowledgement of Receipt of Law Application" with a basic greetings and login information for uwindsor.ca/my.uwindsor. I received it on November 8th. 

On 11/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, Student2 said:

Just to let you know gpa is calculated differently by law schools than from your university. They use a different scaling system that is much harsher 

Are you referring to the OLSAS conversion chart or some other formula? 

On 11/18/2017 at 5:08 PM, 40lawz said:

Are you referring to the OLSAS conversion chart or some other formula? 

I think they are referring to OLSAS, which is only used for law admissions and is, in fact, harsher compared to traditional 4.0 scales.

• Thanks 1

On November 13, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Maverictory said:

I got an email from "[email protected]" titled "Acknowledgement of Receipt of Law Application" with a basic greetings and login information for uwindsor.ca/my.uwindsor. I received it on November 8th. 

I haven't gotten mine yet either, should we be concerned?

2 hours ago, jumpup123 said:

I haven't gotten mine yet either, should we be concerned?

I emailed them yesterday and can keep you updated on the response! 

• Like 1

I don't see anywhere. Is it within the OLSAS account? I don't even see an "academic application" portion. Mine might be deleted b/c my transcripts from Study Abroad are still pending, though the grades are reported in my home university's official transcripts which have already been received.

If you log in to your Windsor account, go to the 'Academics' tab at the top and select Applications. From there, click on your law application (mine says 'Pending Review') and if it has been calculated it will be on the first page that pops up beside 'Law Admissions Average' :)

• Like 2