artsylaw

Exchange marks

Going on exchange next term and was wondering if those grades count towards my OLSAS gpa. I have heard of some school using those grades in their calculation. Please help :(  

They definitely all ask you to submit the transcript which is a huge pain in the ass to get but im mot sure which schools count the marks

20 minutes ago, rachelzane12 said:

They definitely all ask you to submit the transcript which is a huge pain in the ass to get but im mot sure which schools count the marks

Thank you 

Only Western considers exchange marks in you cGPA and last 2. No other schools in Ontario (fairly positive Alberta also) consider exchange marks. They request you to submit a transcript from your exchange.  I went to exchange in Korea and ordered 30 transcripts in their official sealed envelopes so I didn't have to try contacting them and getting it once I had left. I recommend you do the same. Will save you a head ache when you need to track down your transcript from another country.  Schools consider them holistically but it does not count to your gpa, so if you have a low GPA whatever you do on exchange will not bring it up. I took an extra semester after to basically get my grades up. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aaronl said:

Only Western considers exchange marks in you cGPA and last 2. No other schools in Ontario (fairly positive Alberta also) consider exchange marks. They request you to submit a transcript from your exchange.  I went to exchange in Korea and ordered 30 transcripts in their official sealed envelopes so I didn't have to try contacting them and getting it once I had left. I recommend you do the same. Will save you a head ache when you need to track down your transcript from another country.  Schools consider them holistically but it does not count to your gpa, so if you have a low GPA whatever you do on exchange will not bring it up. I took an extra semester after to basically get my grades up. Hope that helps.

But shouldn't the transcript being sent directly from the foreign university to OLSAS?

17 hours ago, aaronl said:

I am relieved that at least one school considers these marks. My gpa is like a 3.3, and my last 2 are 3.7. Hoping that my exchange marks will bump me a bit. Thanks for your help :)

10 hours ago, chapice said:

But shouldn't the transcript being sent directly from the foreign university to OLSAS?

not if its in a sealed envelope with the university stamp over the closed part of the envelope. Mine was fine as long as it was sealed and stamped. and the seal was not broken,

Update: Emailed Western and they confirmed that they do take exchange marks and count it towards your cGpa or last 2 years.