steversteves

Including publications on OUAC

Hi there,

I am about to submit my application today, as tomorrow is the deadline, but I am torn about whether or not to provide a copy of professional publications I have? 

My first choice is Lakehead, as I have a strong tie to rural communities and I have published an article about barriers to rural community health care (from a nursing perspective) that I have discussed in my PS but also would like to provide to the admissions committee. Should I include it under SAM? Or should I just reference it. My reluctance stems from that fact that OUAC says do not include any documents that are not listed on the list of things to include, and publications are not one of them. Should I just source it and leave it up to the admissions committee to retrieve it (it is open access though, everyone has access to it, you do not need a membership to a research database).

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

1 minute ago, steversteves said:

Hi there,

I am about to submit my application today, as tomorrow is the deadline, but I am torn about whether or not to provide a copy of professional publications I have? 

My first choice is Lakehead, as I have a strong tie to rural communities and I have published an article about barriers to rural community health care (from a nursing perspective) that I have discussed in my PS but also would like to provide to the admissions committee. Should I include it under SAM? Or should I just reference it. My reluctance stems from that fact that OUAC says do not include any documents that are not listed on the list of things to include, and publications are not one of them. Should I just source it and leave it up to the admissions committee to retrieve it (it is open access though, everyone has access to it, you do not need a membership to a research database).

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Just make sure to follow the instructions. Source the article in the sketch and/or resume (for Mature applicants only) and leave it to the AdCom to decide what to do with it.

It sounds great but don't attach it- just cite it in your PS. You should only attach documentation that the school requests.