gpaconfusion

Individual consideration references question

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into this. At the 11th hour, I'd like to throw Robson Hall into the mix--my only chance will be Individual Consideration, for which I believe I can make a decent case. However, I see three reference letters are recommended.

1) I only have two references and obviously no time with which to gain more. As the references aren't compulsory, will the system accept only two? Does anyone have insight into how two vs. three could affect my application?

2) I hate to bother them again after getting them to submit to OLSAS relatively late. As the references aren't compulsory, does one have any chance without them? Would there be a point in applying without these?

Thanks!

On 30/10/2017 at 11:19 AM, gpaconfusion said:

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into this. At the 11th hour, I'd like to throw Robson Hall into the mix--my only chance will be Individual Consideration, for which I believe I can make a decent case. However, I see three reference letters are recommended.

1) I only have two references and obviously no time with which to gain more. As the references aren't compulsory, will the system accept only two? Does anyone have insight into how two vs. three could affect my application?

2) I hate to bother them again after getting them to submit to OLSAS relatively late. As the references aren't compulsory, does one have any chance without them? Would there be a point in applying without these?

Thanks!

Your questions are answered on page six of the applicants bulletin. 

Recommendation Letters: Three letters of reference are required for all applicants in the Individual Consideration and Canadian Indigenous Categories.

Three (not 2) are required (not optional). 

Yikes sorry guys, I must have read that for a different school and gotten confused. Sorry for wasting everyone's time!