Mock101

Chances with a 3.7GPA & 150 LSAT?

Hey everyone, 

Took the september LSAT and just got my score, which is a 150. I know that is horrendously low, I was scoring around 160 everytime during practice tests. This isn't an excuse but I flunked this test because I had the chicken pox, I was literally sick beyond belief but still took the test. I couldn't cancel because I got them the day before the actual test. Anyways, what are my chances of getting in? My cGPA would be 3.5 but my L2 would be 3.7. I have tons of volunteer experiences and have really strong reference letters. 

Is it even worth applying anywhere?

Thanks

(Posting this on other law school threads as well, im not sure if thats considered spam? Sorry if it is!) 

2 hours ago, Mock101 said:

Hey everyone, 

Took the september LSAT and just got my score, which is a 150. I know that is horrendously low, I was scoring around 160 everytime during practice tests. This isn't an excuse but I flunked this test because I had the chicken pox, I was literally sick beyond belief but still took the test. I couldn't cancel because I got them the day before the actual test. Anyways, what are my chances of getting in? My cGPA would be 3.5 but my L2 would be 3.7. I have tons of volunteer experiences and have really strong reference letters. 

Thanks

(Posting this on other law school threads as well, im not sure if thats considered spam? Sorry if it is!) 

You can cancel your score after the test, though. I guess you don't get your money back, but you wouldn't have the 150 (not that I think it matters).

Windsor is notoriously difficult to predict, but a 150 is really low.. it's so hard to say what your chances really are, but I'd lean towards not great. 

That being said, you can write in December and February (Windsor doesn't accept the Feb.), so you should definitely apply if you think you can get 160 or higher. 

4 hours ago, Mock101 said:

Hey everyone, 

Thanks

I applied to Windsor with a 3.52 cGPA and 144-146 LSAT and got waitlisted then accepted. Anything is possible, they truly are a holistic school. I would say I have quite a bit of volunteering and definitely aimed my application towards social justice.

• Like 2

I think it's worth rewriting the LSAT. Did you get medical documentation of those chicken pox? That can make a difference for a holistic school like Windsor. 

30 minutes ago, Danny257 said:

I applied to Windsor with a 3.52 cGPA and 144-146 LSAT and got waitlisted then accepted. Anything is possible, they truly are a holistic school. I would say I have quite a bit of volunteering and definitely aimed my application towards social justice.

I'll PM you 

8 minutes ago, WindsorHopeful said:

I think it's worth rewriting the LSAT. Did you get medical documentation of those chicken pox? That can make a difference for a holistic school like Windsor. 

Yes I do have medical documentation for the ChickenPox, just don't know how to incorporate that in to my application. Do you think they'd acknowledge that and weigh my LSAT score a little less then?

Just now, Mock101 said:

Yes I do have medical documentation for the ChickenPox, just don't know how to incorporate that in to my application. Do you think they'd acknowledge that and weigh my LSAT score a little less then?

For Windsor, mention it on question 5 of the PS and include the documentation with your app. I do think they would consider it. Providing an explanation for a low LSAT is a good idea. 

I think it'll come down to how truly valuable those volunteer experiences are in consideration to law. any work experience? Academic publications? Windsor seems to be truly hostistic. 

40 minutes ago, Danny257 said:

Were you access or anything, though? I've seen you post this before, and it still seems really hard to believe. I just worry about giving people this kind of hope that might not be warranted. 

• Like 2