psigm

Sketch/Verifiers Section on Application

psigm    3

There is a character limit on the description portion of your sketch and is very limited. I was wondering if it is allowed to make more than one entry for one experience i.e. enter the same title twice just so I can go a bit more in depth on the description. 

I feel like I've heard people do this in the past but just wanted to confirm if that's ok on the application. 144 characters is all too short to name and describe even the slightest bit of a job role. 

Thanks so much !

LegalArmada    48
1 hour ago, psigm said:

There is a character limit on the description portion of your sketch and is very limited. I was wondering if it is allowed to make more than one entry for one experience i.e. enter the same title twice just so I can go a bit more in depth on the description. 

I feel like I've heard people do this in the past but just wanted to confirm if that's ok on the application. 144 characters is all too short to name and describe even the slightest bit of a job role. 

Thanks so much !

So, I've heard that this was what you were supposed to do in the past, but it is now frowned upon. If it is that important, use the PS to add some detail.

As per OLSAS website:

What do I do if I don’t have enough space to include the details of an activity in the Autobiographical Sketch section of the application?

"The Autobiographical Sketch is meant to give the law schools a brief overview of what you have been doing since you left high school. If the law schools want more information than what you have been able to provide for any specific activity, they will contact the verifier for that activity."

12 hours ago, psigm said:

Thanks so much !

I think it's a pretty terrible idea to not stick to the limits that they put in place. There is very little need to expand on a position more than 144 letters and if there is need, then that experience should make it to your PS. 

It is definitely best to stick to the structure put in place rather than make a decision to use two sketch entries and have the risk of over explaining when they have a limit in place to directly avoid that. 

psigm    3
On 2017-09-13 at 7:48 AM, WindsorHopeful said:

I think it's a pretty terrible idea to not stick to the limits that they put in place. There is very little need to expand on a position more than 144 letters and if there is need, then that experience should make it to your PS. 

It is definitely best to stick to the structure put in place rather than make a decision to use two sketch entries and have the risk of over explaining when they have a limit in place to directly avoid that. 

Thank you! And just to clarify do we mentioned the employer name "xxx", our title, and then a few words on the tasks we performed?