Douglas31

Writing the Ontario Bar out of Province

Douglas31    11

I will be articling in Toronto and writing the bar exam this June. However I am from Alberta and attending school in Alberta currently. I am wondering if there is any way to write the Ontario Bar outside of Ontario (i.e. Alberta). As flying to Toronto in June to write two exams three weeks apart and then flying back to Alberta would be most inconvenient (Articling does not start until August).

Thanks, I looked on The Law Society of Upper Canada and it only indicated that there are three testing locations (In Ontario for the Ontario Bar).

ericontario    982

No. They'd have to ship the old ladies who search your underpants for carrot sticks out with the test materials. Too expensive. In-person only I'm afraid. The atmosphere is half the experience!

• Like 1

maximumbob    5952
41 minutes ago, ericontario said:

No. They'd have to ship the old ladies who search your underpants for carrot sticks out with the test materials. Too expensive. In-person only I'm afraid. The atmosphere is half the experience!

They treat you like maximum security prisoners you understand how important it is to represent your clients properly. 

• Like 2

ericontario    982
11 hours ago, maximumbob said:

They treat you like maximum security prisoners you understand how important it is to represent your clients properly. 

Sure. Again, why they don't just let you write it with a proctor at your local public library. The atmosphere is all part of the process. It's a rite of passage.