1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 910

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 239

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)

• loonie
    • Naj
    • jtw
    • mimi123
    • zkayyy12
    • glyvin
    • Renerik
    • luna12
    • Debtful
    • englishmajor
    • JohnsonWest
    • ArchivesandMuseums
    • YRlegal99
    • BHC1
    • ainorhcue
    • LMP
    • LegalBagel
    • PzabbytheLawyer
    • CleanHands
    • chrysanthemum
    • Psychometronic
    • lawsttime
    • aurora borealis

• Recent Posts

• AliMP
      congrats, did you apply general? 
    • moose
      Got accepted on the 17th! LSAT 157 and GPA 3.7ish 
    • easttowest
      Dinsdale isn’t wrong about recruiters writ large, but there are good ones out there who will take your objectives seriously. I’d talk to as many as you want and get a sense of how they operate. 
    • Nurseinlaw
      Hi everyone!  I just got accepted today for September 2024 🤗 I hesitated before posting, because my application just seemed so different (and weaker) from everyone else here... But I thought I would maybe share some hope to others that have an atypical file like mine... LSAT 155 (1 attempt, francophone candidate) Undergrad: 2.7 (with extenuating circumstances) Grad: 4.3 (partial) I would say very strong "softs", I already have a substantial 10+ years career with "impressive" achievements (unrelated to law). I applied under the mature category, and got accepted without any interview. When I initially applied, I combed through this forum, looking for people like me, with a brilliant career but "poor" academic scores... Let's say I found little evidence that those people were indeed accepted. So here I am, and now there is a trace for the future applicants that you CAN make it, even if you had an horrible undergrad.
    • lawfulactivity
      Strong recommendations also count for a lot! Cultivate a close relationship with a couple of professors through working as research assistants or teaching assistants, if you don't already have that experience. Of course, the RAs/TAs experience are worthwhile in itself, in my opinion. The more details the professors can give that concretely speaks to your abilities, the stronger the letter will be — and that is highly dependent on your relationship with the professor, beyond simply having had a good grade in their course. Who writes your letters also have a huge impact. Certain letters will carry more weight — professors who have had successfully endorsed students as clerks, their letters may carry more weight...sort of the "tried and tested" (you recommended someone before, it worked out, I trust your judgment). Last is to have a record that speaks to your ability to navigate various areas of law: between public and private law; criminal law; civil and common law. Within public law, the ability to navigate not just the Charter, but also federalism/division of powers. This last point can come through your writing samples and/or your research assistant experience (among other things). Good luck!  
    • QueensDenning
      I certainly couldn’t have cared less about how I did on my final 3L exam (or any 3L exam, really). 
    • PerrythePlatypus
      Admitted on Thursday April 18! 3.6 CGPA, 160 LSAT
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.