Demander

Does U of T give 1Ls a planner?

Odd question -- U of T's undergraduate students' union gives all incoming students a day planner/ agenda at the beginning of the year. Does the law school do the same thing, or am I finally justified in buying one of those overpriced, leather-bound books from Indigo?

The suspense is killing me

Posted (edited)

I've got good news and bad news Demander. There are no gratis leather-bound law-school-embossed fancy-pants planners for law students. However! JDs are members of the undergraduate students' union (and get all the associated emails and invitations). I'm sure you can pick up a planner.

Edited by onepost
  • Like 1

This is still excellent news... I'll be off to spend my shiny new line of credit at Indigo soon

21 hours ago, Demander said:

Odd question -- U of T's undergraduate students' union gives all incoming students a day planner/ agenda at the beginning of the year. Does the law school do the same thing, or am I finally justified in buying one of those overpriced, leather-bound books from Indigo?

The suspense is killing me

Surely the answers are "no" to both questions. 

Just now, maximumbob said:

Surely the answers are "no" to both questions.

You're right... I should commission an artist to design a planner for me, and import the leather from Spain

Pfft, leather? What are we, peasants?

Do the monks of the monastery in the lost valley of Nepal no longer make date books encrusted in red diamonds from the inner bowels of Mt. Fuji, with pages of paper inpregnated with clam sea silk from Sardinia and hand printed in vermillion ink?  Because unless they've gone out of business, I'm not sure why we're having this discussion. 

(Or, get the cheapest day planner you can find and spend the difference on beer. The monks will understand.)

• Like 4

So the options are expensive item, or cheap item + beer? I think I'm doing this LOC thing wrong...

• Like 1

I think it's hardly a clear cut dichotomy. I mean, the Monks are still in business but leather is cheaper to get embroidered with gold thread -- one has to make these sacrifices as an indebted student. 

42 minutes ago, kiamia said:

So the options are expensive item, or cheap item + beer? I think I'm doing this LOC thing wrong...

Just remember, it's not you who has to repay the line of credit, it's Future You.  You get a monk made day planner or some beer, he gets a loan repayment schedule.  Good deal for you, not so good for Future You.  But, then, that asshole's likely to have a job, a career,  money, so fuck him

Mind you, I spent a long time repaying the money spent by Past Me, that lazy prick spent money like nobody's business, had a grand old time, and stuck me with the bill.  If I could only get my hands on him, I'd wring his neck, even if it killed me. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, maximumbob said:

Just remember, it's not you who has to repay the line of credit, it's Future You.  You get a monk made day planner or some beer, he gets a loan repayment schedule.  Good deal for you, not so good for Future You.  But, then, that asshole's likely to have a job, a career,  money, so fuck him

Mind you, I spent a long time repaying the money spent by Past Me, that lazy prick spent money like nobody's business, had a grand old time, and stuck me with the bill.  If I could only get my hands on him, I'd wring his neck, even if it killed me. 

You should tell this to Wynne. Though I'm sure she knows, just like past you knew, and well, here we are.

I'm planning on spending the 100k on beer and then dying from liver failure. Then future and current me don't owe anything. 

• Like 1