lubnaalbadr

Undergraduate work

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

 

I am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies and I'm planning on going to law school after graduation. My question is: my very first semester of university I failed two classes and ended up being required to withdraw, so I switched universities and degrees and Im currently standing at 3.5 gpa and on the right track; will law school admission hold that required to withdraw thing against me when I apply? if so what can I do to resolve the issue? 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lubnaalbadr said:

Hello everyone, 

 

I am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies and I'm planning on going to law school after graduation. My question is: my very first semester of university I failed two classes and ended up being required to withdraw, so I switched universities and degrees and Im currently standing at 3.5 gpa and on the right track; will law school admission hold that required to withdraw thing against me when I apply? if so what can I do to resolve the issue? 

Thanks!!

Hi,

You can explain the reason for your first semester grade,, and then your upward trajectory towards the current CGPA. I would suggest that you work on your LSAT prep and it should be fine. Some universities look at the last 2 years more closely, some from drop a % of your grades, some give more weightage to LSAT, EC, etc. Your current CGPA is good for applying and don't let it hold you back. Goodluck.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Is that 3.5 based off both of your transcripts?

Yes it is. I'm going into my third year this fall with the 3.5 cgpa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, biz2law said:

Hi,

You can explain the reason for your first semester grade,, and then your upward trajectory towards the current CGPA. I would suggest that you work on your LSAT prep and it should be fine. Some universities look at the last 2 years more closely, some from drop a % of your grades, some give more weightage to LSAT, EC, etc. Your current CGPA is good for applying and don't let it hold you back. Goodluck.

 

 

Thank you for the response! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you have a 3.5 cumulative GPA with two failed classes? Are the failed classes still on your transcript, or have they been completely erased? Keep in mind that you are required to submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simbaa said:

How do you have a 3.5 cumulative GPA with two failed classes? Are the failed classes still on your transcript, or have they been completely erased? Keep in mind that you are required to submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. 

I failed the classes in my first ever semester of school. I've been at university for 2.5 years since and managed to bring up my gpa from a 1. something to 3.5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lubnaalbadr said:

Yes it is. I'm going into my third year this fall with the 3.5 cgpa. 

Failing 2 classes and still having a 3.5 is quite a feat, I must say. 

Edited by harveyspecter993
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all they will care about is your GPA and your LSAT. You can address the failed classes in your PS, if you want to, but why use the space talking about something negative from your past? I would just focus on going forward.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.