CeliaVaryla

Who's still on the waitlist post-July 4 2017

Just spoke with admissions. Class is still over capacity. Not expecting any waitlist movement. Even if 1 or 2 students withdraw, movement is still unlikely. They will also be shrinking the waitlist in the coming weeks. I'd prepare for the worst, everyone.

Firm accepted at another school and I think I was competitive for the waitlist - hopefully it helps someone in this thread. If you have other offers and are holding out, I wouldn't. I personally wish I firm accepted much earlier but this is just my experience

• Like 1

I still haven't even heard back lol. But I don't care, I've already accepted my offer at UofA. I'll decline if I get in/waitlist, but I won't withdraw my application just because I wanna see what happens. Why not, right? I think it's more likely I'll be rejected anyways. 

On 2017-07-24 at 6:50 PM, ebmus11 said:

I still haven't even heard back lol. But I don't care, I've already accepted my offer at UofA. I'll decline if I get in/waitlist, but I won't withdraw my application just because I wanna see what happens. Why not, right? I think it's more likely I'll be rejected anyways. 

You should withdraw out of consideration for those of us who intend to accept an offer, if given one. The committee would have to meet again to review applications to find someone to fill your spot. And that would delay (probably 1-2 days, but a delay nonetheless) the offer for whoever eventually receives it

4 hours ago, CeliaVaryla said:

You should withdraw out of consideration for those of us who intend to accept an offer, if given one. The committee would have to meet again to review applications to find someone to fill your spot. And that would delay (probably 1-2 days, but a delay nonetheless) the offer for whoever eventually receives it

Got rejected less than 24 hours after I posted this anyways, so you shouldn't have to worry about what I do anymore. 

5 hours ago, raptors21 said:

Does anyone know if they have begun cutting the waitlist?

I'm still on it. But who knows if they're even bothering. Based on what some have said in this thread and others, I'd guess there's about a 0.01% of anyone getting in at this point. That is, if the class is as over-capacity as suggested by others. 

On August 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM, LegalArmada said:

I'm still on it. But who knows if they're even bothering. Based on what some have said in this thread and others, I'd guess there's about a 0.01% of anyone getting in at this point. That is, if the class is as over-capacity as suggested by others. 

I'm still on it as well.

I accepted a deferral on recently, hearing that the class was over capacity adds a new dimension to Western's willingness to let me take a year on other pursuits.

• Like 1

I took myself off about a month ago... I just remember that point where it was like ok this is not like other years, there hasn't been any movement in June