CeliaVaryla

Who's still on the waitlist post-July 4 2017

22 posts in this topic

So, I'm still on the waitlist for Western Law. I was just wondering how many people there are on the waitlist. I know we can't get an accurate number on this forum, but maybe we can get an approximate number?

Comment if you're still on the waitlist!

Just got put on today, but I applied under the dual degree category (BEsc/JD). My cGPA is somewhere around the 3.4 mark with my L2 around 3.5. I really choked on my June 2017 LSAT, getting 152 after sustaining 159 average the week prior. Don't know where I'm going from here but I hope it works out!

Has anyone spoken with admissions since the July 4 deadline? I'm curious to know if the class is still full. There doesn't seem to be any waitlist movement. I'm considering calling admissions.. :/ 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, CeliaVaryla said:

Has anyone spoken with admissions since the July 4 deadline? I'm curious to know if the class is still full. There doesn't seem to be any waitlist movement. I'm considering calling admissions.. :/ 

I haven't heard or seen anything either so I assume the class is still full. It sucks that we're all stuck waiting, but hopefully some spots open up and we hear good news soon!  

Edited by raptors21

1 hour ago, CeliaVaryla said:

I spoke to admissions yesterday and was told the class is over capacity at this time and they do not foresee making offers anytime soon. 

8 minutes ago, Aller36 said:

I spoke to admissions yesterday and was told the class is over capacity at this time and they do not foresee making offers anytime soon. 

Over capacity?! Ugh, I guess we shouldn't anticipate waitlist movement this year. We'll be lucky if even one of us is accepted off the waitlist 

3 minutes ago, CeliaVaryla said:

Over capacity?! Ugh, I guess we shouldn't anticipate waitlist movement this year. We'll be lucky if even one of us is accepted off the waitlist 

yes, by how much I don't know, but you could try calling to confirm. 

Over capacity... How would it even lessen the prov to firm deadline passed

39 minutes ago, Trew said:

Over capacity... How would it even lessen the prov to firm deadline passed

my thoughts exactly :'(

10 minutes ago, CeliaVaryla said:

my thoughts exactly :'(

Yeah that's odd.. id expect it to be at capacity. I can't come up with another alternative other than out of province schools accepting. 

3 minutes ago, Trew said:

Yeah that's odd.. id expect it to be at capacity. I can't come up with another alternative other than out of province schools accepting. 

Agreed, and the chances of that happening seems very low. I was checking the waitlist threads from previous years, and I have seen no movement after the July 1-4 prov to firm deadline.

In case this helps anyone, I do know one person in my year (read: a few years ago now) who I know was accepted off of the waitlist after the July firm-accept deadline, but I haven't heard of any others. Not to say there weren't any others, but I only know of one person for sure.

3 people like this