tssb94

NHL fans

5 posts in this topic

Lol just wanted to see who supports which NHL team around here. I am an incoming Habs fan from Vancouver, starting 1L this September.

I am assuming there is a diverse group of NHL fans at Dal?

Also, any good sports bars in Halifax?

Habs fan native to Halifax here - glad to see I'll have some company! The city is approx a third of each Habs, Leafs, and Bruins fans (the New England connection is strong - most of the city are Pats fans and the Red Sox have a healthy following), with a growing Pens base thanks to the Crosby factor. If you're a hockey fan the Mooseheads are the big ticket here, and the games are cheap for students and have one of the best junior hockey atmospheres in the country.

In terms of sports bars there's a good selection. For wow factor it's definitely HFX sports, almost a mini carbon-copy of Real Sports in Toronto. Besides that Oasis and Niche are good - plus generic spots like Boston Pizza and East Side Mario's are downtown.

1 person likes this

I'm looking forward to the potential of a CPL Team in Halifax, FIFA sanctioned and all. FWIW, PEI Habs Fan. 

On 19/06/2017 at 2:58 PM, Waverley said:

In terms of sports bars there's a good selection. For wow factor it's definitely HFX sports, almost a mini carbon-copy of Real Sports in Toronto. Besides that Oasis and Niche are good - plus generic spots like Boston Pizza and East Side Mario's are downtown.

Oasis and Niche are my usual go-to spots, though Niche is preferable for their half-price appetizers and $3.25 beers. You'll find a range of different fan bases here, for both hockey and baseball.