If I apply to U of A Law with a 3.55 L2 GPA what LSAT score do I need to get accepted? On the website they have GPA round to whole numbers so when looking at how many people with a certain GPA got in with a respective LSAT would I look at the 3.5 category or would my 3.55 round up and I look at the 3.6 category?

You could possibly get in with a 159 but you'd be cutting it very close. Every year is different so its hard to estimate precisely. 163 and you would be golden. When trying to estimate, the consensus on this forum is that u of a uses an index formula to rank candidates. We believe its either gpa*22.5 + lsat, or gpa*22 + lsat, scores above 240 or 238, respective to the formula used, usually end up being accepted according to the previous accepted threads on this forum.

thanks for the reply, so when I look at the applicant profile chart I should be looking at the LSAT numbers for the "3.6 GPA" since my 3.55 rounds to 3.6? 

2 hours ago, ghtrkm said:

thanks for the reply, so when I look at the applicant profile chart I should be looking at the LSAT numbers for the "3.6 GPA" since my 3.55 rounds to 3.6? 

I would round down to be safe when you are looking at what type of LSAT score you need. If they count it as a 3.6 you're chances will just be better. Aim high for your LSAT don't settle for minimum. High LSAT scores will get you better opportunities and scholarships potentially. Not to mention earlier admission as opposed to being waitlisted. And another thing I have noticed is that the competitive scores get higher each year. So what may have been accepted last year might not be enough next year. Play it safe and aim high!

They round your GPA up/down for the applicant chart but when they are ranking you based on the formula they keep it to 2 decimal places, that is what the admissions office told me a few months ago. If I were you I would aim for above 160, that would put you at a good spot! 

Good luck! 

• Like 1