Pri01

Bachelor of Education Marks Counted?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this question has already been answered or if it's common sense and I'm just stupid, lol. My cumulative GPA for my HBA isn't so good: I have a 2.77. However, my annual GPA from 2010-2011 (3rd year) is a 3.08, while my annual GPA from 2011-2012 (4th year) is 3.35.

I then went on to get my Bachelor of Education, (all A's and a single B+ grade), back when it was only a one year program, and was wondering if my Teacher's College degree will count as part of my cGPA. It's still an undergraduate degree, albeit a shorter length. I do plan on contacting Universities directly to ask this question but I thought I'd try the forum as well!

How are my marks looking in terms of acceptances from Law Schools? I know they are only a part of a larger package, but my HBA cGPA is a point of contention for me. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Are you planning to apply to Ontario law schools?

Did you go to an university listed on OLSAS?

Did you completed HBA (Honour BA? ) and graduated?

I could be wrong but Ontario Law Schools do not count courses taken after the first undergrad degree. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Are you planning to apply to Ontario law schools?

Did you go to an university listed on OLSAS?

Did you completed HBA (Honour BA? ) and graduated?

I could be wrong but Ontario Law Schools do not count courses taken after the first undergrad degree. 

Hi there!

Yes, I am planning on applying to Ontario law schools. My top choices are Western and UOttawa.

I went to UofT for my undergrad and completed an HBA in 4 years. 

Just to add some more info:

Cumulative GPA (CGPA):2.77

Last two years (L2): 3.21 

*womp womp*

Edited by Pri01

I suggest you take a look at the accepted and rejected threads for Western and Ottawa.

It's tough to say. Some schools refuse to consider graduate school grades and a B.Ed. may as well be a graduate degree. Moreover, while admissions people are supposed to take grades at face value but there's definitively some skepticism about the grading standards at faculties of education (institutions may vary, but I think many schools grade to an "A" average). 

4 hours ago, msk2012 said:

It's tough to say. Some schools refuse to consider graduate school grades and a B.Ed. may as well be a graduate degree. Moreover, while admissions people are supposed to take grades at face value but there's definitively some skepticism about the grading standards at faculties of education (institutions may vary, but I think many schools grade to an "A" average). 

Thanks for your feedback! After some research I understand that the B.Ed will be taken into consideration, but not factored into my cgpa. It's a shame though, because I really feel like I earned those A's!