adriennebrophy

CHANCES: how low can my LSAT be in order to receive automatic admission with a 4.0 GPA?

10 posts in this topic

Extremely strong ECs and references from law school deans and judges who have served as profs in my undergrad. I got a 152 on my LSAT in February (despite studying very hard for it -- will obviously be rewriting in September before applying). In your opinion, what is the absolute bare minimum I need on the LSAT for me to get automatic admission?

With you gpa, aim for a 160. Nothing is really automatic when it comes to law school admission decisions. 

Edited by JDhopeful2020

160 and up should be okay, if that's your GPA. But my suggestion is to study hard, and work towards achieving a score on your practise tests that are much higher. That way, you'll some confidence that you are scoring higher than you need, and you have wiggle room for any pressure\adrenaline that causes more errors or a score lower than your target. 

17 hours ago, adriennebrophy said:

Extremely strong ECs and references from law school deans and judges who have served as profs in my undergrad. I got a 152 on my LSAT in February (despite studying very hard for it -- will obviously be rewriting in September before applying). In your opinion, what is the absolute bare minimum I need on the LSAT for me to get automatic admission?

Well if it makes you feel better, you're probably already a lock at U Ottawa. Your extremely high GPA and sub-par first write LSAT score are right up their alley.

^ Well, Ottawa takes a holistic approach to apps, an approach that can def override a lower LSAT when someone has a decent GPA. But someone, in my opinion, isn't a lock at Ottawa just because they have a high gpa and a low LSAT. It will likely depend on whether the result of the holistic assessment is capable of overriding a lower LSAT. Basically, I think this blanket statement myth that Ottawa doesn't give two shits about the LSAT is false 

On 5/17/2017 at 4:11 PM, adriennebrophy said:

4.0 after OLSAS conversion?

1 person likes this

On 5/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, PerniciousLaw said:

^ Well, Ottawa takes a holistic approach to apps, an approach that can def override a lower LSAT when someone has a decent GPA. But someone, in my opinion, isn't a lock at Ottawa just because they have a high gpa and a low LSAT. It will likely depend on whether the result of the holistic assessment is capable of overriding a lower LSAT. Basically, I think this blanket statement myth that Ottawa doesn't give two shits about the LSAT is false 

I don't think Ottawa takes a holistic approach. I think they just don't give a crap about the LSAT and focus completely on one's GPA.

38 minutes ago, Kfirnik said:

I don't think Ottawa takes a holistic approach. I think they just don't give a crap about the LSAT and focus completely on one's GPA.

I think they put some emphasis on the LSAT, but not as much as other schools in Ontario like UFT, Queens, Osgoode and Western. They tend to be much more forgiving of lower lsats than they are for lower Gpas. I think the OP would have a really good shot at Ottawa with at least 155+ lsat 

Edited by JDhopeful2020

44 minutes ago, Kfirnik said:

I don't agree with this. I have a 3.83 (well, now a 3.85, if my winter marks are included) with a 154 and I was waitlisted at Ottawa. They definitely consider the LSAT. 

1 person likes this