LawSchoolHopeful2017

Waitlist/Waitlist Consideration 2017

Posted (edited)

I just got an email from Wanda asking if I wanted to have my app considered for waitlist, just thought I would start this thread to see who got the same email. Honestly,  I'm surprised to receive this email, especially considering that my GPA isn't great and that is weighed at 60%.

GPA(with drops): 3.2

LSAT: 165

I believe this isn't the start of the waitlist but rather just a gauging of who wants to be a part of it. I don't believe I am actually on the waitlist yet. 

Edited by LawSchoolHopeful2017
Clarification

zuckercorn    25

I also received this email. I'm a little surprised at it, considering I was admitted to UVic and Dalhousie (with scholarships) months ago. I've confirmed at UVic so I declined this consideration. 

LSAT: 167

GPA: 3.9

19 minutes ago, zuckercorn said:

I also received this email. I'm a little surprised at it, considering I was admitted to UVic and Dalhousie (with scholarships) months ago. I've confirmed at UVic so I declined this consideration. 

LSAT: 167

GPA: 3.9

How in the world did you get emailed to ask you if you would like to be CONSIDERED for waitlist with those stats :o

• Like 2

Thanks for this. 

I'm just wondering if any inference can be made from not receiving this e-mail but application still showing "under review"? 

Lsat: 153, 152
Gpa with drops: 3.7

Masters degree, work experience on the Hill, letters of ref from Senators/MPs

50 minutes ago, zoinksjinkies said:

Thanks for this. 

I'm just wondering if any inference can be made from not receiving this e-mail but application still showing "under review"? 

Lsat: 153, 152
Gpa with drops: 3.7

Masters degree, work experience on the Hill, letters of ref from Senators/MPs

I was kind of under the impression that they sent the email to everyone waiting, so maybe they only send it to applicants they are thinking of waitlisting. Could mean you're looking at a rejection here soon, or maybe they are sending the email in batches. So you might get it tomorrow or the day after. Please update us either way! Best of luck. 

zuckercorn    25
18 hours ago, LawSchoolHopeful2017 said:

How in the world did you get emailed to ask you if you would like to be CONSIDERED for waitlist with those stats 

Haha. Thank you! Might have something to do with me being an Ontario resident? 

17 minutes ago, zuckercorn said:

Haha. Thank you! Might have something to do with me being an Ontario resident? 

I would say you're probably right. You have great stats. UNB does take a specific interest in Atlantic Region applicants. I'm sure it then makes it very competitive for non-Atlantic region applicants. 

18 hours ago, LawSchoolHopeful2017 said:

I was kind of under the impression that they sent the email to everyone waiting, so maybe they only send it to applicants they are thinking of waitlisting. Could mean you're looking at a rejection here soon, or maybe they are sending the email in batches. So you might get it tomorrow or the day after. Please update us either way! Best of luck. 

Thank you! Still nothing from Wanda yet- yikes.

NS resident if that tidbit is useful though, I've read in another thread that when they say preference to Atlantic students they actually exclude NS from that. 

Here's hoping. 

Lawbot2255    2

Also received this email from Wanda on Monday, May 8th.  I accepted the supplementary review and hope to be waitlisted (or better!).   

3.7/ 156 

• Like 1

RunawayJury    9

I also received this e-mail from Wanda. 
Around a 3.5 GPA (including drops) and 162 LSAT. 

• Like 1

EmmaW128    7

Hi everyone! 

I just got an email that I'm #5 on the New Brunswick waitlist. I'm confused as to why I'm getting it so much later than everyone else. Also wondering what my chances are! Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

JFitz    0
1 hour ago, EmmaW128 said:

Hi everyone! 

I just got an email that I'm #5 on the New Brunswick waitlist. I'm confused as to why I'm getting it so much later than everyone else. Also wondering what my chances are! Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

I also received the same email (#6 for NB). I'm assuming that they're just getting around to creating the New Brunswick waitlist.

Based on previous years, the NB waitlist doesn't seem to have much movement. I'm guessing that we'll have a better idea following the June 25th deadline to accept their offer to remain on the waitlist. Fingers crossed!

EmmaW128    7

Fingers crossed for sure! Does being on a waitlist help your chances for the next year at all?

ArmstrongA    2

I also got an email yesterday stating that I'm 8th on the waitlist. Fingers crossed!

biz2law    3
On 6/7/2017 at 4:33 PM, EmmaW128 said:

Fingers crossed for sure! Does being on a waitlist help your chances for the next year at all?

No, unfortunately it does not. In next cycle, the candidate would be competing among a new pool of applicants.

On 2017-06-08 at 6:42 AM, ArmstrongA said:

I also got an email yesterday stating that I'm 8th on the waitlist. Fingers crossed!

For out of province, NB, or PEI?

travelnlaw    0

Got an email today! On the Atlantic waitlist. Anyone know up to what position they have accepted in the past?

Newfoundlander. 150 / 3.6 with drops (probably haha I can't remember)

EmmaW128    7
On 2017-06-15 at 2:25 AM, LawSchoolHopeful2017 said:

Have asked to be removed from consideration for UNB law as I have been accepted at sask and will be attending. Best of luck to you all! 

Congratulations! What number were you on the waitlist? And which provinces waitlist?