mdke

Waitlist 2017

14 posts in this topic

LSAT 160

GPA 4.07

I also received notice that I have been wait-listed this afternoon.

GPA confirmed 3.48
LSAT 166 (93rd percentile)
Index confirmed at 900

In the email, it was stated that wait-list rankings would not be available until the end of May.

GPA confirmed 3.82 

LSAT 162

Posted (edited)

Received the email yesterday. 

GPA - I never calculated the 4.0 to 4.33 conversion. But GPA was around 3.89/4.00 after drops

LSAT - 159

Edited by iLikeTurtles

ditto, got waitlisted on Thursday

cGPA 3.18

L2 3.6/3.7 (unsure exactly but much higher)

LSAT 165

Decent ECs and LORs 

Already accepted at Calgary so not that heartbroken but good luck to the rest of you!

Waitlisted May 3rd.

Confirmed UVic GPA (with drops): 3.87

LSAT: 160

Confirmed index score: 883.75

Received the ranking email today - I'm 32/81 and requesting to be removed from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone! 

On 2017-05-03 at 4:52 PM, mdke said:

LSAT 160

GPA 4.07

Received email today that I'm 14/81 on waitlist. Anyone know how much it typically moves every year?? Not sure if I'm borderline or if I can give up hope now haha

Posted (edited)

I also received my ranking on the wait-list via email today; I am position 37 out of 81, with a confirmed index score of 900, so I'm assuming that there are factors other than the index score influencing wait-list position, even for regular applicants

I've been extended an offer to UBC which I will be accepting and will be requesting that I be removed from the wait list for UVic, not that my position offered much hope of an offer there, but the very best of luck to everyone! 

Edited by Goldfish1989
typo

10 hours ago, mdke said:

Received email today that I'm 14/81 on waitlist. Anyone know how much it typically moves every year?? Not sure if I'm borderline or if I can give up hope now haha

I asked Dailene a while ago and she wrote: "Last year, no offers were made from the waiting list. The previous year, we made about twenty offers from our waiting list and the year prior to that, we made offers to everyone on our waiting list." 

So it really varies from year to year, but I wouldn't necessarily give up hope yet :)

I just found out I'm #5 out of 81 on the wailtist. Does anyone have a sense of they will be selecting from the waitlist this year? If so, I think my odds are pretty good.

But it could also be one of those years where they don't make any offers to waitlisted applicants

On 5/4/2017 at 6:24 AM, Bard19 said:

GPA confirmed 3.82 

LSAT 162

Received my ranking on May 25th - 26/81 

Has anybody gotten in off of the waitlist? I know discretionary students have been accepted. And has anyone heard of any chances of uvic taking students off the waitlist this year?

I'm sure you got the email from Janet today too but so far no offers from the waitlist. I'm wondering if they made too many offers again this year. Fingers crossed we see some movement!

Emailed to withdraw my acceptance in favour of UBC. I hope this will help improve chances for those still on the waitlist! Best of luck.