PerniciousLaw

Waitlist 2017

On 2017-08-16 at 0:47 PM, PerniciousLaw said:

12/71. So close yet so far 

You still got two weeks - crossing my fingers for you (and everyone else waiting)!

• Like 1

I was on the wait list last year grinding out the end of August like many of you are now and am currently in. If it doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world. Often, and in my case, it was simply a change of a personal statement and 12 more months. So keep your head up either way

Edited by Trew
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2017 at 0:58 PM, PerniciousLaw said:

For those recently accepted, if there even have been any, can you speak to when the deadline is to accept the offer? 

August 31st was my deadline, so they ones recently accepted should have a later deadline. Hope this helps. 

On 8/20/2017 at 7:08 PM, inflex said:

August 31st was my deadline, so they ones recently accepted should have a later deadline. Hope this helps. 

How did you respond to your offer? I couldn't do it through OLSAS, because it's closed. I can't even login now! 

49 minutes ago, SamL said:

How did you respond to your offer? I couldn't do it through OLSAS, because it's closed. I can't even login now! 

It updates on OLSAS it takes about 2 days to upload. If OLSAS has already closed the portal for this cycle then you should call admissions asap. What you could meanwhile is to send the deposit, it will speed up the process for enrollment. By the way what was your rank, give other folks an idea of their chances. And CONGRATS!!!!

• Like 1

Hey folks, 

Saw my application on uozone was reverted to 'under evaluation'. So, I called admissions for common law and they said the waitlist is still active and being updated! Also, if any of you noticed OLSAS was also down, thats because it is now only for 2018 apps. Any accepting of applications will just be managed with the universities directly for 2017 apps. 

Good luck!

4/71

Status also changed to admitted (was under evaluation this morning). Best of luck to all those still waiting!

• Like 2

Hey Folks,

4/71 here. Just got changed to admitted! 

Aug 31st is STILL the deadline, so no changes to that for late acceptances.

Best of luck and if you don't get an offer, there's definitely a million other 'right' paths so hang in there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fourthcolin said:

Hey Folks,

4/71 here. Just got changed to admitted! 

Aug 31st is STILL the deadline, so no changes to that for late acceptances.

Best of luck and if you don't get an offer, there's definitely a million other 'right' paths so hang in there.

Congratulations boss

Ugh. 18/71 but already settled in Fredericton. Getting a last minute acceptance would be nice but also very frustrating for the first week. 

28 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Ugh. 18/71 but already settled in Fredericton. Getting a last minute acceptance would be nice but also very frustrating for the first week. 

First week begins Sept 7 (Thursday) and there's nothing important scheduled for those first two days imo. So you essentially would have until September 11. Even then, missing the first week isn't insurmountable

Edited by Trew

29 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Will you go to Ottawa if accepted after Sept 5?

I've declined the offer from Ottawa in favour of Queen's who also offered me acceptance yesterday. Was 1/71 on the final list so I hope this gives hope to those still waiting to hear - one more spot will be open!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, splur94 said:

I've declined the offer from Ottawa in favour of Queen's who also offered me acceptance yesterday. Was 1/71 on the final list so I hope this gives hope to those still waiting to hear - one more spot will be open!

Good for you.

I hope those who will not or can not accept the recent offer from Ottawa can do the same.

• Like 2