PerniciousLaw

Waitlist 2017

389 posts in this topic

Just checked uoZone and I'm on the waitlist. No idea what to think! It says it's an unnumbered waitlist. 

GPA: 3.83 

LSAT: 154

My LSAT is definitely the culprit. Praying for a good number though!

14 people like this

Same here. Hopefully we get a number soon!

GPA: 3.67

LSAT: 157

Not surprised, but thankful it's not an outright rejection!

1 person likes this

Given your stats/timing I would bet you're in the top pile! Judging by old threads it may be a while before you get the numbers, Good luck!!

2 people like this

Also put on the waitlist as of today

GPA: 3.42

L2: 3.7

LSAT: 158

Also waitlisted at Ottawa. Not very optimistic about my chances. GPA 3.5, L2 3.85, LSAT: 159 (Highest)

If you rank 1 to 10, Your chance is 100%

11 to 20 -80%

I was wrong last year because someone ranked 100 eventually got in.

Good luck

1 person likes this

Also waitlisted

CGPA: 3.42

LSAT: 158 (highest)

I did apply with special circumstances 

Unnumbered waitlisted today 

cGPA: 3.7 

LSAT: Sept:153, Feb:163 (not sure if they took into consideration my Feb. LSAT) 

Wondering if we will find out what number we are on the waitlist soon to get an idea of our potential chances? 

I'm still "under evaluation", but wonder if I'll be waitlisted at some point today. I doesn't matter, I won't be accepting. 

Posted (edited)

Also waitlisted.

cGPA 3.51, L2 ~3.8

LSAT 158

edit: for those wondering, it indicates that you have to respond with whether you want to be on the waitlist by May 10.

Edited by lawhopeful18

Do people ever get accepted from the waitlist before the numbers and ranks are released? 

Just saw that I was wait-listed. I firm accepted Windsor yesterday, so I'll be off the list once OLSAS updates.

GPA: 3.45

LSAT 151, 148, 153

Access (disability).

Waitlisted today.

CPGA: 3.56

LSAT: 163 (wrote once) 

Ottawa's my top choice right now so hoping they number us soon!!!!

11 hours ago, multidylzter said:

Also put on the waitlist as of today

GPA: 3.42

L2: 3.7

LSAT: 158

Your username rang a bell from lurking this forum a few years ago so I went through your post history.  You indicated several times that you scored a 160 on the LSAT (you said you got the 160 on the June 2015 LSAT, so the score hasn't expired).  Now you are saying that you have a 158.  Is this 158 a typo?  Please explain this.

Posted (edited)

First post, also waitlisted as of yesterday.

LSAT: 151/151/151

CGPA: OLSAS Calculated 3.97 on a 4.0 scale.

Lots of ECs, volunteer work, 5 years of work experience. References from former prof, and honours thesis supervisor with a good PS in my opinion!

Fingers crossed.

Edited by PavetheWay
2 people like this

Waitlisted today. Will be declining in favour of Queens. 

cGPA 3.7

L2 3.92

LSAT 159 (June 2016, only write)

I'm actually surprised I've been waitlisted based on my stats. For those wondering, based on last years thread they seem to number the waitlisted in early-mid June. Last year they had ~250 on the waitlist at that time

1 person likes this

I have zero experience in admissions, but I imagine they're putting people on the waitlist in some kind of order, and they can't number them until they're done adding people. So I think you aren't going to get numbers as long as they're still reviewing new files. Best of luck to everyone here! 

1 minute ago, kiamia said:

I have zero experience in admissions, but I imagine they're putting people on the waitlist in some kind of order, and they can't number them until they're done adding people. So I think you aren't going to get numbers as long as they're still reviewing new files. Best of luck to everyone here! 

So, just to clarify, do you mean those within the first batch of people added to the waitlist are those that are likely to get high ranks and numbers? 

No. Or they would be able to rank them now. I mean when the add new people to the wait list, they're doing it in terms of "better than person A", "worse than person B". So let's say they have 1, 2, 3, 4 currently and read a file they REALLY like today, but can't find space for them. That person may go to the top of the waitlist, shifting everyone else down. Which is why numbering while you're still reviewing is pointless. 

2 people like this

Right. Makes sense. So basically there's a rough, informal ranking system they've internally created.