lawschoolplease

Spring Marks

5 posts in this topic

Should I send my spring grades into OLSAS once I have received them? It will bring my cGPA up to 3.6 something.. I've been accepted to Windsor but still would like to be considered by other schools. Thoughts? 

2 people like this

Im confused about this as well. One of the 4 Ontario Law schools I applied to already gave me a response over 6 weeks, rejection from U of T, yet OLSAS has yet to update that response in the 'offers/choices' section. So I don't know if schools are still working through OLSAS this year. Moreover, the GPA listing that was on the first page has disappeared, so I don't even know what the point of submitting grades again to OLSAS would be as it seems highly unlikely they would calculate those grades and pass them on to the law schools at this point.

1 person likes this

But at the same time what do you have to lose by sending them in?

You need to send them in regardless:

"Final Transcripts

Final, official transcripts (which should include all current‑year course work and degree conferral details) must be submitted if you received an offer of admission, or have a decision pending, by June 30, 2017."

21 hours ago, shawniebear said:

Im confused about this as well. One of the 4 Ontario Law schools I applied to already gave me a response over 6 weeks, rejection from U of T, yet OLSAS has yet to update that response in the 'offers/choices' section. So I don't know if schools are still working through OLSAS this year. Moreover, the GPA listing that was on the first page has disappeared, so I don't even know what the point of submitting grades again to OLSAS would be as it seems highly unlikely they would calculate those grades and pass them on to the law schools at this point.

As Otter said, you must send in all final transcripts. Additionally, I also received a rejection from U of T weeks ago and my OLSAS still has not updated, so no need to worry about that. The schools constantly work through OLSAS, but there are often delays. On one acceptance I received word from the school in an email about a week before it showed up on OLSAS.

1 person likes this