Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Ryn said:

I can report that this does happen. Sometimes you lose your post the first time but it has always worked for me subsequently. 

It's an anti-DDOS measure that is unfortunately necessary. It will be disabled when it's no longer required; in the meantime sorry for the inconvenience. 

Possible for a notice or disclaimer about this so that the user can remember/know to copy their post? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

This should be resolved now.

oh nvm, just saw this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to access the unformatted version of the post you are writing/editing? I keep getting weird formatting things and am not sure how to fix them, which is irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2017 at 9:45 PM, Morgan said:

Has anything changed on the login front? It seems that starting today I can't seem to stay logged in between multiple devices. If I'm logged in on my phone when I visit from my computer I'm logged out, and when I log in on my computer I'm then logged out from my phone. Was never an issue before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TKNumber3 said:

Has anything changed on the login front? It seems that starting today I can't seem to stay logged in between multiple devices. If I'm logged in on my phone when I visit from my computer I'm logged out, and when I log in on my computer I'm then logged out from my phone. Was never an issue before. 

This started happening to me a few days ago, (I think) after I cleared my cache to try and get another website to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing changed relating to logins, but I'll look into why that might be happening. Please clear cache/cookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 11:54 AM, Morgan said:

Nothing changed relating to logins, but I'll look into why that might be happening. Please clear cache/cookies.

Cleared cookies on my computer and we seem to be good again. Though I can't guarantee that fixed it as I didn't properly test/check it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anything has changed on your end, but I'm being logged out constantly now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jaggers said:

Not sure if anything has changed on your end, but I'm being logged out constantly now.

And yet you keep coming back - clearly their plan isn't working. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the fact that apparently three emoticons and five images cover the range of human expression. I blame Facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pyke said:

I hate the fact that apparently three emoticons and five images cover the range of human expression. I blame Facebook.

So this is actually editable. I went with the default. We could technically use anything! Any ideas? A little gavel for likes? A breathalyzer for implying the poster is drunk and rambling? Maybe just one emoticon, a beer. Everyone gets a beer. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Morgan said:

So this is actually editable. I went with the default. We could technically use anything! Any ideas? A little gavel for likes? A breathalyzer for implying the poster is drunk and rambling? Maybe just one emoticon, a beer. Everyone gets a beer. 

The sole option of a frowny face. I think it would best support the feel of the site. Stuff the pisses me off? - frowny face. You got into school but I have similar stats? - frowny face. Eepist takes 3 pages for a simple response? - frowny face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the "Like" (change it to beer?), the laughing face, and the trophy.

I think some kind of icon indicating disagreement would be helpful - for example, occasionally some one will post a flatly untrue "fact" in the applicants forum and people who don't know better will assume it is true. If such a post had a dozen or so "nope" indications it would help less informed readers.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hegdis said:

I like the "Like" (change it to beer?), the laughing face, and the trophy.

I think some kind of icon indicating disagreement would be helpful - for example, occasionally some one will post a flatly untrue "fact" in the applicants forum and people who don't know better will assume it is true. If such a post had a dozen or so "nope" indications it would help less informed readers.

 

I'd worry about abuse of the dislike button to simply mean "I disagree with you but don't want to offer any substance to explain my disagreement". As it stands, if you agree you can either like the post or state your concurrence. If you disagree you actually need to state that you disagree, which usually is accompanied by at least some kind of explanation. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×