girl416

Acknowledgement of Receipt?

10 posts in this topic

I don't know why I'm just realizing this now but I never received the traditional "Thank you for your application ..." when I applied. Does Lakehead do this? All/most of the other Ontario schools I applied to did ... 

1 person likes this

I didn't get one either, and I have been waiting pretty patiently for an acceptance, as I feel like I am a very competitive applicant for BL.. might be something to look into with Danceswithwolves reply in mind

I received an acknowledgement email on December 07, 2016 entitled "A Message from the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law". Perhaps the email was filtered? 

Interesting, I'm going to call them tomorrow - thanks for the help guys!! 

Actually , I'm just remembering that i did get one ..

I emailed the university inquiring if they had received my application, as I hadn't received a receipt of application email, and they responded with the following:

"Thank you for your application and inquiry. 

We do not automatically provide confirmation that an application has been received. However, I can confirm we have received the documentation you submitted through OUAC/OLSAS. 

We have not provided applications status updates, and only those who have been given an offer of admission have been contacted. 

We hope to provide status updates to applicants in June."

At this point, it looks like I will be firm accepting at uOttawa, and not waiting around on Bora Laskins for another month and a half. 

Good luck to everyone 

Ya when I emailed them, they said the same thing :/

I emailed the university inquiring if they had received my application, as I hadn't received a receipt of application email, and they responded with the following:

"Thank you for your application and inquiry. 

We do not automatically provide confirmation that an application has been received. However, I can confirm we have received the documentation you submitted through OUAC/OLSAS. 

We have not provided applications status updates, and only those who have been given an offer of admission have been contacted. 

We hope to provide status updates to applicants in June."

At this point, it looks like I will be firm accepting at uOttawa, and not waiting around on Bora Laskins for another month and a half. 

Good luck to everyone 

Wooow...

Way to go Lakehead #exceptional#unconventional

Sorry to hear this Tree, but if I were you, I'd be doing the exact same thing. Best of luck at UOttawa.