ristiisa

Waitlisted to Manitoba 2017

36 posts in this topic

Just received notification that I am position #1 on the alternate list. I have a feeling that means the non-Manitoba resident list.

What a number to be on a waiting list! However, I am pretty happy with an offer I've already received and will most likely be removing myself from the list soon.

For reference, my index score is 75.62, and LSAT/AGPA 161/3.73

Good luck to you all!

1 person likes this

Just received notification that I am position #1 on the alternate list. I have a feeling that means the non-Manitoba resident list.

What a number to be on a waiting list! However, I am pretty happy with an offer I've already received and will most likely be removing myself from the list soon.

For reference, my index score is 75.62, and LSAT/AGPA 161/3.73

Good luck to you all!

That's so cool to be #1, I got the email and apparently, I am #5 with an index score of 75.494. I think it has to do with being a non-resident probably. 

Congratulations nevertheless :) 

1 person likes this

Hopefully there is some movement after April 1st. I am #13 with 75.28 :)

That's so cool to be #1, I got the email and apparently, I am #5 with an index score of 75.494. I think it has to do with being a non-resident probably. 

Congratulations nevertheless :)

Thanks very much :) it is kind of cool haha!

Hopefully there is some movement after April 1st. I am #13 with 75.28 :)

There definitely will be, don't worry at all. I'll be giving this school some thought, but am quite confident I'll be removing myself from the list soon.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Also- waitlist is both Manitoba resident and non-Manitoba resident. Sometime in the summer(July?) the list becomes Manitoba only.

Edited by ANG

Posted (edited)

Congrats to everyone on the waitlist!! 

I'm waitlisted too! #8 with 75.463 -- feeling okay about this seeing as how much movement there was last year.

Is April 1st around the date that there should be some movement on the listing? 

Edited by lawdreams

Waitlisted as well.

#18 with an index score of 75.171.

Here's to hoping for lots of movement!

Sorry, I was under the interpretation that only MB residents were waitlisted, I guess this is not the case? 

Sorry, I was under the interpretation that only MB residents were waitlisted, I guess this is not the case? 

Not until about July

Congrats to everyone on the waitlist!! 

I'm waitlisted too! #8 with 75.463 -- feeling okay about this seeing as how much movement there was last year.

Is April 1st around the date that there should be some movement on the listing? 

April 1 or March 31 is the deadline for admitted applicants to accept their offers at many schools in Canada right now, this means there should be movement all throughout the country in April. I would expect this list to begin moving in mid-April if not sooner.

April 1 or March 31 is the deadline for admitted applicants to accept their offers at many schools in Canada right now, this means there should be movement all throughout the country in April. I would expect this list to begin moving in mid-April if not sooner.

Oh right! That would make sense, thanks :) 

1 person likes this

Removed myself from the list! Good luck everyone :)

Just a heads up that I previously accepted my offer here, but will be calling tomorrow to decline since I accepted at Alberta. This means one spot should open up, good luck friends! 

Informing them today that I will forfeiting my deposit so I can stay in Alberta! Best of luck :)

Got accepted to Alberta so I will be removing myself from the list, good luck everyone!

2 people like this

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? Also, for anyone who's declining their offers, please let the rest of us know to help with anxiety :) 

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? Also, for anyone who's declining their offers, please let the rest of us know to help with anxiety :)

I emailed admissions last week asking this exact question. I'll post here once I get a response so that everyone has a better idea. :)

2 people like this

For anyone wondering about waitlist movement, I received the following response back from admissions this morning:

"...up until today, nobody has withdrawn their acceptance from the current class list. We can’t make offers from the waitlist unless someone decides to be removed from the class. We cannot predict if and when that will happen."

I thought that I had seen somewhere that a few people were removing themselves from the class after previously accepting offers, but I guess not. The wait continues!

For anyone wondering about waitlist movement, I received the following response back from admissions this morning:

"...up until today, nobody has withdrawn their acceptance from the current class list. We can’t make offers from the waitlist unless someone decides to be removed from the class. We cannot predict if and when that will happen."

I thought that I had seen somewhere that a few people were removing themselves from the class after previously accepting offers, but I guess not. The wait continues!

I thought people had said they were removing themselves too -- that makes me kind of nervous .. :(