Hathi

Waitlisted at Osgoode 2017

Hey guys was waitlisted June 28th. 

CGPA 3.71, LSAT 159, and average/subpar ECs compared to most of you. 

Fortunately will be going to Queens at least. Good luck to everyone in the final stretch!!

On 2017-7-1 at 0:23 AM, ristiisa said:

Did you get any other info out of the call?

I asked them about how students who are getting waitlisted in the last few weeks seem to be getting acceptances compared to those who have been waitlisted since the beginning of the year and I was told that the admissions process is holistic and in a lot of cases the students have different situations or circumstances they take into consideration as well. Apart from the 4th July date everything else I got was pretty vague and indirect. 

• Like 1

Based on the students getting acceptances in the Accepted thread for Osgoode 2017 it seems like they prefer a higher LSAT score over anything else including CGPA. Not sure how that's considered as holistic...

9 hours ago, Sania said:

Based on the students getting acceptances in the Accepted thread for Osgoode 2017 it seems like they prefer a higher LSAT score over anything else including CGPA. Not sure how that's considered as holistic...

Not particularly true. I would say they do put a high emphasis on the LSAT, but to think that this somehow takes away from their holistic process would be too much of a stretch. If you look at the accepted thread, you would also see many people admitted based on a holistic process, granted that they had exceptional or above average EC's or Part B claims. 

Does anyone have an idea of how much the waitlist has historically moved at this point in the cycle?

Waitlisted June 15th.

CGPA: 3.3
LSAT: 158
Filled out Part B for equity.

Does anyone know if you decline in OLSAS whether it removes you from the waitlist? I'm a little bit heartbroken but just want to move forward with my life, I don't think I'll be accepted off the waitlist as I went on June 30th.

Thanks and best of luck to all those in the running!

1 hour ago, tastybites said:

Does anyone know if you decline in OLSAS whether it removes you from the waitlist? I'm a little bit heartbroken but just want to move forward with my life, I don't think I'll be accepted off the waitlist as I went on June 30th.

Thanks and best of luck to all those in the running!

Some folks were waitlisted and received an acceptance shortly after. Osgoode re-evaluates all of the apps of people on the waitlist once the waitlist is completed. I wouldn't give up hope. But, if you want to take yourself off of the waitlist, I would email Osgoode and do what you need to on OLSAS.

Does anyone know if there will be any movement on the waitlist any time soon?

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 11:32 AM, Aller36 said:

Does anyone know if there will be any movement on the waitlist any time soon?

Or, if anyone has called/had correspondence with the school to get an update? I know they focus on transfer student applications at this time, but an update would be appreciated :) 

39 minutes ago, PavetheWay said:

Or, if anyone has called/had correspondence with the school to get an update? I know they focus on transfer student applications at this time, but an update would be appreciated  

I emailed admissions yesterday afternoon (couldn't get through by phone), but have received no response yet. 

I asked how many applicants are currently in the wait pool and how many have been accepted from the wait pool since July 4.

I'll post an update once I get a response.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2017 at 5:38 PM, StatueofLimitations said:

I emailed admissions yesterday afternoon (couldn't get through by phone), but have received no response yet. 

I asked how many applicants are currently in the wait pool and how many have been accepted from the wait pool since July 4.

I'll post an update once I get a response.

Any word from them by chance?

1 hour ago, StatueofLimitations said:

Nothing yet...

I do know they're busy with transfer student applications. It would not surprise me if we saw a bit more movement/replies to 1L admissions after they deal with transfer students.

• Like 1

Has anyone been rejected off the wait list? Has there been any movement? Does anyone have any info?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2017 at 9:13 AM, hi45 said:

Has anyone been rejected off the wait list? Has there been any movement? Does anyone have any info?

I talked to admissions today and was advised that:

• currently there are no more than 20 applicants in the wait pool, and this number is fluid due to people accepting offers at other schools and closing their applications to Osgoode on an ongoing basis;
  • as has been noted in previous posts, as spaces in the class come available, candidates in the wait pool have their applications reviewed by the committee to determine to whom an offer will be made; and 
  • offers will be made as spaces come available up until September 2, which is the end of the first week of classes.
Edited by StatueofLimitations
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, StatueofLimitations said:

I talked to admissions today and was advised that:

• currently there are no more than 20 applicants in the wait pool, and this number is fluid due to people accepting offers at other schools and closing their applications to Osgoode on an ongoing basis;
  • as has been noted in previous posts, as spaces in the class come available, candidates in the wait pool have their applications reviewed by the committee to determine to whom an offer will be made; and 
  • offers will be made as spaces come available up until September 2, which is the end of the first week of classes.

If unsuccessful, will we be able to contact admissions with a reasoning as to why we were placed on the waitlist and not selected, similar to applicants who have been rejected?

On 8/10/2017 at 9:52 PM, PavetheWay said:

If unsuccessful, will we be able to contact admissions with a reasoning as to why we were placed on the waitlist and not selected, similar to applicants who have been rejected?

Still confident for a positive result though :P

• Like 1