Hathi

Waitlisted at Osgoode 2017

Added to the waitlist today!

cGPA: 3.66
LSAT: 164

Feels a little early - I know people can get accepted after April1st without being put on a waitlist, any insight on what difference there is between applicants who remain in queue and  applicants who have been waitlisted?

Feels a little early - I know people can get accepted after April1st without being put on a waitlist, any insight on what difference there is between applicants who remain in queue and  applicants who have been waitlisted?

Were you in queue prior to being added to the waitlist? And if so, when did you go into queue?

Also how did you find out about being waitlisted?

Were you in queue prior to being added to the waitlist? And if so, when did you go into queue?

Also how did you find out about being waitlisted?

In queue from January 10th! Updated Status on Oasis stating: "You have been added to the wait pool from which new offers of admission will be drawn..."

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted 20/03

olsas cGPA: 2.96 (1 bad year outlier)

B3: 3.7

LSAT: 157

2 MA degrees cGPA: 3.83

Strong EC's

Went into queue on 04/01

Edited by JRawls

Waitlisted 20/03

cGPA 3.29

B3: 3.49

LSAT: 168

Strong Ec's

In queue 04/01

Feels a little early - I know people can get accepted after April1st without being put on a waitlist, any insight on what difference there is between applicants who remain in queue and applicants who have been waitlisted?

Did you get an email?

If I'm still in queue and not on the waitlist at this point should I give up hope? I know the person who started this thread said that people get accepted after April 1st without being added to the waitlist, but I think it's probably a very bad sign that I have not been waitlisted. Does anyone have any insight on this?

• Like 1

Added to the W/L on March 20th. I didn't receive an email, but I found out via OASIS.

B.Sc., UBC

cGPA: 3.2

B3: 3.6

L2: 3.8

LSAT: 168

I wonder how many people they have added to the waitlist...

If I'm still in queue and not on the waitlist at this point should I give up hope? I know the person who started this thread said that people get accepted after April 1st without being added to the waitlist, but I think it's probably a very bad sign that I have not been waitlisted. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I feel the same way!

If I'm still in queue and not on the waitlist at this point should I give up hope? I know the person who started this thread said that people get accepted after April 1st without being added to the waitlist, but I think it's probably a very bad sign that I have not been waitlisted. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I spoke with Vicky in admissions today because I have offers from Western and Queens with significant scholarship money attached (on the condition I provide a firm acceptance by April 1). She said that files are definitely still being reviewed and that I should not make any decisions until the April 1 deadline, and to hold off on informing the other schools until then. So the impression I got was that they are still reading/reviewing applications for admission, but it would seem that they are also sorting people into waitlist/rejection at the same time... I think the timing is a little strange this year because of issues with OLSAS earlier in the cycle... regardless, I would sit tight and hope for the best - after all, no news is good news as the saying goes.

• Like 3

I spoke with Vicky in admissions today because I have offers from Western and Queens with significant scholarship money attached (on the condition I provide a firm acceptance by April 1). She said that files are definitely still being reviewed and that I should not make any decisions until the April 1 deadline, and to hold off on informing the other schools until then. So the impression I got was that they are still reading/reviewing applications for admission, but it would seem that they are also sorting people into waitlist/rejection at the same time... I think the timing is a little strange this year because of issues with OLSAS earlier in the cycle... regardless, I would sit tight and hope for the best - after all, no news is good news as the saying goes.

Good for you. I think with your stats (175, 160 ?) you should be admitted anyway. You did the right thing by contacting Vicky and I think you will hear from OZ before the end of this week or early next week.

good luck and let us know

• Like 1

Good for you. I think with your stats (175, 160 ?) you should be admitted anyway. You did the right thing by contacting Vicky and I think you will hear from OZ before the end of this week or early next week.

good luck and let us know

Got accepted this morning!

​So for all those still waiting to hear from admissions, they are definitely still sending out offers - not just waitlist :) - best of luck to all of those still waiting!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Got accepted this morning!

​So for all those still waiting to hear from admissions, they are definitely still sending out offers - not just waitlist :) - best of luck to all of those still waiting!

Congratulations and thanks for the update regarding offers!

Edited by ILikeHazelnuts
  • Like 1

"Your file has been added to the wait pool from where new offers of admission will be drawn. Offers will depend on the availability of space in the class and a further review of your file in comparison to others in the pool. While decisions are made as expeditiously as possible, notification of an offer may occur at any time up to the start of classes." this is what my status says  as of March 20th

but I did not get an email does this mean I have been waitlisted?

• Like 2

"Your file has been added to the wait pool from where new offers of admission will be drawn. Offers will depend on the availability of space in the class and a further review of your file in comparison to others in the pool. While decisions are made as expeditiously as possible, notification of an offer may occur at any time up to the start of classes." this is what my status says as of March 20th

but I did not get an email does this mean I have been waitlisted?

Yes. You've been waitlisted. Osgoode started the waitlist early this year if I'm not mistaken. This could be a good thing. Good luck

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks! Hoping for the best my stats are 3.76, last2 & b2: 3.8 152 filled out section B, okay Ecs, probably good references. Osgoode really is holistic.I truly was expecting a flat out rejection. There is hope!

I guess I have the same questions as everyone above what does being wait listed this early mean

Edited by superwoman1994

I was waitlisted March 20.

LSAT: 161

cGPA: 82%

B2/L2: 86%

I really don't understand their admission process.. but whatever. I received early admission to Western and will likely accept there.

• Like 1

Does the fact that they have started a waitlist mean that rejections have also gone out?

• Like 2