cGPA: 3.8

LSAT-156

Posted (edited)

Rejected on March 20th. 

cGPA of 3.5 (UofT) 

B3: 3.6

LSAT (161, 167)

Relatively mediocre ECs

At least I'll save 45K over 3 years by going to Western, no big deal. 

Edited by zarami
  • Like 5

+1

Did well below my PTs on my December sitting so this wasn't unexpected, life goes on

Are you planning on going to TRU? IIRC, you previously mentioned you had an offer from there.

Are you planning on going to TRU? IIRC, you previously mentioned you had an offer from there.

As of right now, yes. Holding out for Calgary but as a BC resident I'm happy to head to TRU if that's how it shakes out.

Rejected a couple days ago. Stupidly imagined I could wing the LSAT like I did the SAT. Nope. Rewriting in September!

cGPA: ~3.56

LSAT: 155

As of right now, yes. Holding out for Calgary but as a BC resident I'm happy to head to TRU if that's how it shakes out.

Good luck wherever you end up bro.

Received a rejection during that big batch sent out in march. No surprise to me.

cGPA: ~3.3

L2: ~3.5-3.6

LSAT: 160

• Like 1

I am a high school student that just got rejected from uoft st george for social science so i will probably go to utsc. My dream is to go to UofT law school, seeing this thread is scary lol. I Wonder where ill be in four years. 

On 5/19/2017 at 10:21 PM, inthrlawyer said:

I am a high school student that just got rejected from uoft st george for social science so i will probably go to utsc. My dream is to go to UofT law school, seeing this thread is scary lol. I Wonder where ill be in four years. 

For the love of God and all that is beautiful, please try to enjoy the next four years of your life rather than fixate over law school admissions. Obviously aim for good grades but don't let getting into law school become your life.

• Like 10

Rejected from the big batch in March or April I can't even remember

cGPA: 3.69

LSAT: 157

w. work experience in risk, AML/CFT, anti-bribery and corruption etc. Good ECs and LORs and diversity (Asian, African, Middle Eastern)

Even if I resit the LSAT unless I get a perfect 90th percentile+ I don't think my cGPA will ever allow me admission here after seeing the accepted thread lol

7 hours ago, Sania said:

Rejected from the big batch in March or April I can't even remember

cGPA: 3.69

LSAT: 157

w. work experience in risk, AML/CFT, anti-bribery and corruption etc. Good ECs and LORs and diversity (Asian, African, Middle Eastern)

Even if I resit the LSAT unless I get a perfect 90th percentile+ I don't think my cGPA will ever allow me admission here after seeing the accepted thread lol

My CGPA at the time I was admitted was pretty similar. And they look at B3, not CGPA. It's not insurmountable.

2 hours ago, Otter248 said:

My CGPA at the time I was admitted was pretty similar. And they look at B3, not CGPA. It's not insurmountable.

What were your softs and what was/were your essay(s) about?

36 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

What were your softs and what was/were your essay(s) about?

Nothing too mind blowing- student government was really the only soft I mentioned in my essay. Other than that, my PS was mostly about why I wanted to be a lawyer- which I can't imagine is terribly unique. I basically just wrote what I felt. My essay was about the difficulties I faced when my parents left the country before I started university, and how I ended up transferring from my original university to Guelph.

5 hours ago, Otter248 said:

Nothing too mind blowing- student government was really the only soft I mentioned in my essay. Other than that, my PS was mostly about why I wanted to be a lawyer- which I can't imagine is terribly unique. I basically just wrote what I felt. My essay was about the difficulties I faced when my parents left the country before I started university, and how I ended up transferring from my original university to Guelph.

I see. Thanks for the insight.

20 hours ago, Otter248 said:

I'm not sure what B3 is, and I'm an international student so I had to get my transcripts sent in through WES, from a 3.71 they rounded it to 3.69. Also, I have no idea how much of my transcripts they've shown to the law schools lol. Lastly, what was the LSAT score you got in with and which year you admitted in?