Not a happy thread to start! But not entirely unexpected.

Thank you for your application to the University of British Columbia Peter A. Allard School of Law. We received a high volume of very impressive applications this year, making admissions decisions very difficult. Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer you a space in this year’s incoming class.

Rejected today. Somewhat surprised as I thought I calculated my index score within range. Self-calculated as 91.7

Posted (edited)

CGPA (with drops): 84.16

LSAT: 152 and 164 (2nd write)

Index: 91.7

Edit: they indicated using my highest LSAT in assessing my application

Edited by dparkus

Did UBC confirm your GPA?

I have a self-calculated index score of 91.73 :/ I asked them to confirm my GPA last week but they told me it had not been calculated yet.

If other people are getting accepted with lower index scores, is it safe to assume they are taking into account other things?

I have a self-calculated index score of 91.73 :/ I asked them to confirm my GPA last week but they told me it had not been calculated yet.

If other people are getting accepted with lower index scores, is it safe to assume they are taking into account other things?

Nope they didn't. I used a UBC calculator for my GPA. Also yes, my assumption is that my PS wasn't that strong

Nope they didn't. I used a UBC calculator for my GPA. Also yes, my assumption is that my PS wasn't that strong

If you are an applicant in the regular category, you likely miscalculated your GPA. Your softs (including PS) have nothing to do with regular category admittance at UBC. 

• Like 2

If you are an applicant in the regular category, you likely miscalculated your GPA. Your softs (including PS) have nothing to do with regular category admittance at UBC. 

I guess that makes more sense, end result is still the same for me, but good luck pepsi! Hope it works out for you

I guess that makes more sense, end result is still the same for me, but good luck pepsi! Hope it works out for you

Thank you! Best of luck to you with any other applications.

• Like 1

Would you mind sharing stats?

My stats aren't very helpful to others - 167 LSAT. International undergrad (where if they read %s straight across I was totally screwed from the start, with a 86.3 index, a fair conversion would likely give me a still underwhelming 90.2ish)

Were you all notified via email or did you have to log into your account?

Were you all notified via email or did you have to log into your account?

Both for me

Both for me

Ahh okay thank you. I'm honestly not sure what my index is because I haven't been able to confirm my GPA with my exchange grades, but I think my stats would line up similarly with yours based on a less than optimal exchange semester

Update: My GPA calculation was way off. With max drops it is at 78.03 making my index somewhere near 90.06. Apologies for any confusion this might've caused!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Rejected two weeks ago.

CGPA: 3.06(Without drops) 
With drops probably around a 3.2.

LSAT: 162 

Great work experience/ECs imo.

Edited by RunawayJury

12 minutes ago, RunawayJury said:

Rejected two weeks ago.

CGPA: 3.06(Without drops) 
With drops probably around a 3.2.

LSAT: 162 

Great work experience/ECs imo.

what category did you apply in?

Just now, wolf12 said:

what category did you apply in?

I applied in the regular category even though I should have been a special applicant (I was unable to obtain the documentation in time for the deadline). So yeah, regular category.

1 minute ago, RunawayJury said:

I applied in the regular category even though I should have been a special applicant (I was unable to obtain the documentation in time for the deadline). So yeah, regular category.

did you talk about the issues in your personal statement? mind if i ask what they were generally? I'm sorry I'm just curious cause i have the same stats but applied discretionary