1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 913

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 240

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

• blue134
    • LegalBagel
    • BHC1
    • duck
    • Chef Justice
    • GoatDuck
    • BondGuy
    • Frankie576
    • utahjazz
    • CALaw2024
    • ReasonablePerson
    • LMP
    • AllanC
    • ccq35
    • scooter
    • Lawhopeful123
    • CB2021
    • Crownroyal
    • pleaseletmein
    • soundofconfusion
    • Lili
    • Antarctica
    • chaboywb
    • droit123
    • mimi123
    • CommeCiCommeCa
    • LabsFollow
    • olawg
    • Lsat372
    • dlawgirl
    • HarryCrane
    • am0229
    • nausea
    • WaspIndustries13
    • Hasbulla the Goat
    • JurisPrudent

• Recent Posts

• BHC1
      There are a number of Western grads in NY, particularly from the last few years when a lot of associates were being poached from Toronto. You can always DM them on LinkedIn or email them.  Just apply. 
    • GoatDuck
      I don’t understand what’s preventing you from applying. You already have a resume from the 1L recruit. It’ll take under an hour to format it according to the US recruit standards. If I’m not mistaken, many Wall St firms don’t even ask for a cover letter. Your 1L job will probably not be super advantageous for the recruit, it’s fine but I wouldn’t count on it carrying you. It might be getting too late to start networking, but if you have the grades then you can get away without networking (at least coming from Oz/UofT, idk about Western). Or you can reach out now and see if anything comes out of it. Look for Western grads and Canadians more broadly.
    • Lili
      Hi ! Im a cegep applicant too and , till right know I didn’t receive an interview, a rejection letter or an admission . Do you have some information about cegep application ?
    • Ribbons
      Hmm, that is good to know. I thought about avoiding stacking the material as well, but I don't quite know how I would review more material in less time (yay, Ontario, for making this suck). The way they have it structured, the Barrister is on June 4, and the Solicitor is on June 18 and the Solicitor has more materials (by a few hundred pages). Once I reach the end of reading through the Barrister materials, I might re-evaluate with this in mind, though. 
    • LordHobHaus
      Hello,  I am 1L at Western. My mid-term grades were quite high, I have very strong work experience, and I also have a unique/quite competitive 1L position.  I have received several emails concerning the NY recruit and I would be interested in applying as I think I would like to practice in NY at some point. However, I am a bit wary of applying because Western is not known to place in the NY recruit and I feel like as a result the requirements to be considered would be even higher than for an applicant from Osgoode or UofT. Similarly, unlike the Toronto market, I don't know anyone working in New York and have virtually no network...I definitely feel like a huge part of me getting my foot in the door for 1L interviews was the fact that I already had quite a few connections.  What do people think? Is it worth it to throw in an application? Additionally, are there any resources that would be helpful regarding the application process? Thanks!  
    • notlegaleagle
      I had the same issue and re-emailed them my documents in reply to my original email with the PDF attached. They said that my documents hadn't been attached to my file so it was good to have reached out. My portal was updated. I was just accepted under the discretionary category on friday. Good luck!
    • notlegaleagle
      Accepted Friday! 162 highest LSAT and 80 UBC scale after drops. Good LORs, good academic background and softs. Have already accepted the offer!
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.