n22

Waitlisted at Windsor 2017

143 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, GirlInTheSix said:

I spoke with a representative who advised that there were over 600 people on the waitlist.
Given that fact, and the
above, I'm moving on with my life plans...

I can imagine a few reasons for this:

1). Windsor waitlists before getting anywhere near the bottom of the pile of applications. I.e. they may take an extremely low scoring student and waitlist them in early February so that they can come back to them when they reach the end of the pile.

2). Windsor is absurdly generous with their waitlisting. In which case, they need to seriously re-evaluate the way they waitlist. It's not really fair to give that many applicants false hope, 60%+ of which have almost no chance of ever receiving an acceptance.

3). Windsor opts not to give out acceptances when they have a large number of available spaces (this ties in with #1) so that they can reach the end of the application stack. I expect this to be the case, since your comment mentioned there "were" over 600 people on the waitlist, and not that there "are" over 600 people. 

Nevertheless, they need to be more liberal with cutting people from this waitlist. It's just cruel to keep this many people on this long, when there *might* be 1-2 spaces that open up between now and September 1st. 

13 hours ago, LegalArmada said:

3). Windsor opts not to give out acceptances when they have a large number of available spaces (this ties in with #1) so that they can reach the end of the application stack. I expect this to be the case, since your comment mentioned there "were" over 600 people on the waitlist, and not that there "are" over 600 people. 

Semantics.

"were" because I was speaking in past tense, referencing the conversation I had with her.

Effectively, there were over 600 people on the waitlist, as of the time I spoke with her/last week.

3 hours ago, GirlInTheSix said:

Semantics.

"were" because I was speaking in past tense, referencing the conversation I had with her.

Effectively, there were over 600 people on the waitlist, as of the time I spoke with her/last week.

Ah, I see what you mean. That's insane, then. I don't understand the point of giving that many people a false hope. 

1 person likes this