n22

Waitlisted at Windsor 2017

143 posts in this topic

Just got the email at 9:41 this morning saying that I got placed on the waitlist for Single JD.

cGPA: 3.17 

L2: 3.8+

LSAT: 162

Also waitlisted this AM via email for JD.

cGPA 3.36

LSAT: 157

FML: level 100.

Any idea if those old stories about Windsor wait listing 500+ people on a preferred and non-preffered list are true? I just tried calling admissions but no one answered. Probably on lunch.

Just got the email at 9:41 this morning saying that I got placed on the waitlist for Single JD.

cGPA: 3.17 

L2: 3.8+

LSAT: 162

cGPA 3.36

Any idea if those old stories about Windsor wait listing 500+ people on a preferred and non-preffered list are true? I just tried calling admissions but no one answered. Probably on lunch.

Did you apply for the dual as well or only JD?

Did you apply for the dual as well or only JD?

I applied for both, haven't heard anything back from Windsor in regards to my dual application.

I'd also like to note that my application was heavily geared towards social justice including my work and volunteer experiences. 

Got the email this morning.

Cgpa: 3

B2: 3.4

Best lsat: 160

I applied for dual as well

Btw I was rejected last year around this time with the same stats.

Edited by Imanshar

Got the email this morning.

Cgpa: 3

B2: 3.4

Best lsat: 160

I applied for dual as well

Btw I was rejected last year around this time with the same stats.

I applied for both, haven't heard anything back from Windsor in regards to my dual application.

I'd also like to note that my application was heavily geared towards social justice including my work and volunteer experiences. 

Wondering if anyone who applied for dual as well got admitted to JD.

Got the waitlist email today!

CGPA: 3.45

L2: 3.59

LSAT: 152

Very social justice oriented. Lots of volunteer work. Strong PS and good references.

1 person likes this

Got the waitlist email today!

CGPA: 3.45

L2: 3.59

LSAT: 152

Very social justice oriented. Lots of volunteer work. Strong PS and good references.

How long was the wait between getting an email and the system updating? I can't stop checking the system.. it's too addicting!!

2 people like this

How long was the wait between getting an email and the system updating? I can't stop checking the system.. it's too addicting!!

1 person likes this

I checked the Windsor portal yesterday with no indication of the change to waitlist. I checked this morning and saw the change, and then about a few hours later I got the email :)

1 person likes this

Why is that on my Dual JD app, it says online that I have not submitted the "Dual JD-Supplemental Application Form" and apparently there is sample work that you have to submit? Did I miss something? I submitted the supplemental form on OLSAS since time. 

Why is that on my Dual JD app, it says online that I have not submitted the "Dual JD-Supplemental Application Form" and apparently there is sample work that you have to submit? Did I miss something? I submitted the supplemental form on OLSAS since time. 

I was super confused about the sample work as well until I realized that it's most likely the extra form we had to fill out and submit on OLSAS. I know that when my file said "pending review" it said that I still hadn't submitted the Dual JD-Supplemental Application Form and then when I got referred to the admissions committee it said that everything was submitted! If you're still in pending review I'd say it's fine, but if you're in referred to the admissions committee you may want to phone :)

1 person likes this

I was super confused about the sample work as well until I realized that it's most likely the extra form we had to fill out and submit on OLSAS. I know that when my file said "pending review" it said that I still hadn't submitted the Dual JD-Supplemental Application Form and then when I got referred to the admissions committee it said that everything was submitted! If you're still in pending review I'd say it's fine, but if you're in referred to the admissions committee you may want to phone :)

Thanks so much for the reply. The status reads, " Incomplete Waiting for Grades and/or documents." so I don't think I'm even in the pending review stage. It's weird b/c my single JD app has been referred to admissions. What do you think? Please help!

Thanks so much for the reply. The status reads, " Incomplete Waiting for Grades and/or documents." so I don't think I'm even in the pending review stage. It's weird b/c my single JD app has been referred to admissions. What do you think? Please help!

Not that I know tons about the admission process, but that does seem a little strange! It doesn't hurt to give them a call and see if they have any answers, it will put your mind at ease if they say it's normal or if they offer a solution to help solve the problem :) 

1 person likes this

Just got the email this morning.

Stats: 3.3cgpa (OLSAS),151 LSAT, mediocre softs & LoRs, PS tailored to social justice.

Surprised I didn't get straight up rejected. If it means anything my last names starts with a K.

cGPA 3.36

what are your last two? 

i got waitlisted. i've been accepted to very competitive schools so windsor is just weird, especially because my stats are competitive and i have lots of extracurriculars and volunteer experiences. Plus lots of unique and professional work experience. I can't even point to anything that windsor would be iffy about. just plain weird that i got waitlisted. It was my "safe school" lol so i am shocked. I planned /plan to reject windsor anyway. Maybe the tone of my answers came off as too confident?    

1 person likes this

I wouldn't worry about it - you got in to a competitive school and you should be extatic about that!

Congratulations.