Gerwulf

McGill Law Class - Admitted 2017 Facebook group

10 posts in this topic

Hi all!!

If you were admitted for the 2017 fall semester and have accepted the offer, please join the McGill Law Class - Admitted 2017 Facebook group.

Pour joindre le groupe, vous aurez besoin de votre courriel McGill, que vous devriez normalement avoir reçu via un courriel intitulé ‘Welcome to McGill!’ peu après avoir accepté votre offre d’admission. 

Use this group to start knowing your upcoming law school colleagues and to ask any questions that may be on your mind.

Looking forward to getting to meet all of you and once again, congratulations on your admission!  :-P

Tout le meilleur!

Alex / Gerwulf  

Hi all!!

If you were admitted for the 2017 fall semester and have accepted the offer, please join the McGill Law Class - Admitted 2017 Facebook group.

Pour joindre le groupe, vous aurez besoin de votre courriel McGill, que vous devriez normalement avoir reçu via un courriel intitulé ‘Welcome to McGill!’ peu après avoir accepté votre offre d’admission. 

Use this group to start knowing your upcoming law school colleagues and to ask any questions that may be on your mind.

Looking forward to getting to meet all of you and once again, congratulations on your admission!  :-P

Tout le meilleur!

Alex / Gerwulf  

Please disregard this. I failed to see that a group already existed here --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/McGillLaw.Admitted2017/

All the best! :)

I hate to be bugging people here with that, but I'm eager to join the Facebook group and somehow I can't make it work.

I validated my McGill email address with Facebook as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/gTqbo1g.png

Yet when I visit the group page Facebook unhappily tells me I need a McGill email address to join the community: http://i.imgur.com/kpSPrPc.png

(Clicking that "Join Community" button does nothing at all.)

Anyone here is Facebook-savvy enough to figure what I'm doing wrong? :)

9 hours ago, vdl said:

I hate to be bugging people here with that, but I'm eager to join the Facebook group and somehow I can't make it work.

I validated my McGill email address with Facebook as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/gTqbo1g.png

Yet when I visit the group page Facebook unhappily tells me I need a McGill email address to join the community: http://i.imgur.com/kpSPrPc.png

(Clicking that "Join Community" button does nothing at all.)

Anyone here is Facebook-savvy enough to figure what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having this problem as well. I typed in my email address, and it says that it has sent a confirmation to my McGill email, but I haven't received it. Anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

7 hours ago, LaurenMc said:

I'm having this problem as well. I typed in my email address, and it says that it has sent a confirmation to my McGill email, but I haven't received it. Anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

When I logged into Outlook it showed me some "priority inbox" which didn't show all messages. Maybe that's your problem?

Personally I've configured my Gmail account to retrieve my McGill emails, solving all Outlook headaches at once. :) So I've received the Facebook confirmation email--not that it helped though.

16 hours ago, vdl said:

When I logged into Outlook it showed me some "priority inbox" which didn't show all messages. Maybe that's your problem?

Personally I've configured my Gmail account to retrieve my McGill emails, solving all Outlook headaches at once. So I've received the Facebook confirmation email--not that it helped though.

Unfortunately it's not the priority inbox problem, because I've checked the "other" ones too. How did you configure your Gmail account to receive your McGill emails? Maybe I can try that and see if I have any luck.

6 hours ago, LaurenMc said:

Unfortunately it's not the priority inbox problem, because I've checked the "other" ones too. How did you configure your Gmail account to receive your McGill emails? Maybe I can try that and see if I have any luck.

I clicked the little gear icon, then "Paramètres", then "Comptes et importations", then "Ajouter un compte de messagerie" (near the bottom). I input my email address and it presented me with a suggested configuration which happened to be spot on, only had to input my password.

If somehow you need to configure it by hand, the answer to all Gmail's questions is available through Outlook by clicking the gear icon, then "Options", then "Comptes", then "POP et IMAP".

18 hours ago, vdl said:

I clicked the little gear icon, then "Paramètres", then "Comptes et importations", then "Ajouter un compte de messagerie" (near the bottom). I input my email address and it presented me with a suggested configuration which happened to be spot on, only had to input my password.

If somehow you need to configure it by hand, the answer to all Gmail's questions is available through Outlook by clicking the gear icon, then "Options", then "Comptes", then "POP et IMAP".

Thanks so much! Hopefully this works...

I'm still having problems joining the Facebook group and don't know what to do... I can't understand why I would not be receiving the confirmation email when I'm receiving all other emails... so frustrating! any suggestions?

PM me. If you're okay sending me your first and last name, and McGill email, I can look into it/talk to the group admin.

Don't sweat it if you want to keep your anonymity though. When school starts up I'm sure someone will help you figure it out :).