Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Questions of the waitlist

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lawdreams

lawdreams
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

So i'm sadly just below the cut off for admission (if the person who asked admissions was given the right number) so i began to creep info about the waitlist... does anyone know when they start compiling it - i saw last year that it began in march with emails to applicants about their position on it, does anyone know if that is supposed to be happening again? (I can't find out any info on the website either)

#2 brooks11

brooks11
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

So i'm sadly just below the cut off for admission (if the person who asked admissions was given the right number) so i began to creep info about the waitlist... does anyone know when they start compiling it - i saw last year that it began in march with emails to applicants about their position on it, does anyone know if that is supposed to be happening again? (I can't find out any info on the website either)

I must have missed that post, what did the person who asked admissions say the cutoff was?

#3 dparkus

dparkus
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

I must have missed that post, what did the person who asked admissions say the cutoff was?

I think OP is referring to the early admission cutoff which was found to be 95.648 (it's on the second page of the accepted forum for this cycle).

I could be wrong, though.

#4 HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

I think OP is referring to the early admission cutoff which was found to be 75.648 (it's on the second page of the accepted forum for this cycle).

• dparkus likes this

#5 dparkus

dparkus
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

I think OP is referring to the early admission cutoff which was found to be 75.648 (it's on the second page of the accepted forum for this cycle).

my bad! Good catch HanShotFirst

• HanShotFirst likes this

#6 MissAC

MissAC
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

I'm pretty sure it will be in March again this year. I believe the timeline that we saw for admissions last year is to become their new norm. At least that is my understanding from the applicant bulletin.

#7 lawdreams

lawdreams
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

I'm pretty sure it will be in March again this year. I believe the timeline that we saw for admissions last year is to become their new norm. At least that is my understanding from the applicant bulletin.

Thanks! and sorry for confusion --- i did mean the cut off of 75.648 that was mentioned in earlier posts, if that is the actual cut off i fall just shy so i'm just trying to figure out what my next move should be! 

#8 HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

Thanks! and sorry for confusion --- i did mean the cut off of 75.648 that was mentioned in earlier posts, if that is the actual cut off i fall just shy so i'm just trying to figure out what my next move should be! 

Typically this number drops down to the mid/high 74's by the time the waitlist has been exhausted. Take a look at old accepted and waitlist threads. If your just shy of 75.648 it will be likely that you will get accepted, probably not till late spring though.