Yes I have - I received it about a week after my acceptance phone call on March 14th. 

Thanks! I'm out of country and am waiting for one to be emailed. It has been a few weeks now, so wondered if they were waiting on all of them or still sending them all out. I'll followup on Monday if I haven't heard. 

• Like 1

got the call March 24, won't be accepting my offer but still happy to hear some good news :)

cGPA 3.18 (ya not ideal)

L2 3.6/3.7 (not sure but around this - got my sh*t together a little late in the game but better than never haha)

LSAT 155, 165 

ECs were decent 

LORs were 2 profs that really liked me so they were both strong

Can't say my personal statement was very strong as I decided to apply to lakehead super last minute

congrats to all who have been accepted!

Hi Everyone, 

I am wondering if someone  may have some information on the employment stats of those who graduated in 2016. 

I am accepted and coming in September this year; however, I am coming as a second career and I just want to ensure that there are job opportunities subsequent to graduation. 

Thank you, 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 0:27 PM, lawev2017 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am wondering if someone  may have some information on the employment stats of those who graduated in 2016. 

I am accepted and coming in September this year; however, I am coming as a second career and I just want to ensure that there are job opportunities subsequent to graduation. 

Thank you, 

I'm almost certain this has been posted somewhere else in the forums, but I'm still getting used to navigating the new layout. Perhaps one of our "resident librarians" (as I've heard them affectionately called) can help point you in the exact direction of those posts.

Generally speaking, the employment prospects for our Charter class were pretty good. Here's the Maclean's article that was written about them: http://www.macleans.ca/education/lakehead-universitys-first-class-lawyers/

As has been extensively discussed, depending on where you want to work/who will be your employer, not everyone has gotten on board with the IPC program's merits, and there were/are several students who still ended up articling after graduation (in other cases, they chose to article because they weren't certain about the type of law they wanted to practice and they found an articling opportunity to try something they thought they might like). A great many others, though, took the bar exam right away and then took on associate positions in Thunder Bay, the surrounding area, or elsewhere in rural/small town Ontario.

Turned down my offer and scholarship last night in favour of uOttawa. This was undoubtedly the most difficult decision I have ever  had to make - uOttawa has been my first choice for 2 years now, but Lakehead had many special elements to their program that had me very seriously contemplating attending. I genuinely loved the campus, staff, and faculty who were all so welcoming during my tour, but as my end goal is to eventually practice in Toronto, uOttawa makes the most sense for me.

I sincerely hope my spot goes to someone that has the genuine intention of staying in the North/rural area to practice.

Good luck to everyone that will be attending Laskin in the Fall - I hope you guys enjoy your time there because it truly is a special place.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2017 at 6:31 PM, SGidda said:

Accepted as of today!

CGPA: 3.42

L2: 3.58

LSAT: 155 (Dec write). Still waiting on the Feb results

Undergrad at UofT, no northern connection.

Average ECs

Hey did you focus your personal statement around environmental law and aboriginal connections?