Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Chances - [cGPA: 3.1 - 3.88 L2 - 156 LSAT] Access Category

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ebmus11

ebmus11
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

Decent ECs, presumably very good LoR. Applied in access category.

#2 ChrisSquats

ChrisSquats
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

Decent ECs, presumably very good LoR. Applied in access category.

http://law.uwo.ca/fu...categories.html

Western indicates that a GPA of 3.3 and LSAT above the 65th percentile (anything above 155) is considered competitive for both the Access and Mature Student Categories

I certainly hope you're competitive considering my gpa is 3.88 and LSAT is 156 lol.. Your L2 is the same as my gpa and based on what I've gleaned from this forum, Western focuses on your L2.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Best of luck to you!  

EDIT: Oh and I'm a Mature Student.

Edited by ChrisSquats, 09 January 2017 - 08:07 AM.

• ebmus11 likes this

#3 pinkroses

pinkroses
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

like i've said in other threads i applied in the access category with the same cgpa as you. don't know what my L2 was but i had a 159 LSAT and really good ECs (don't really know how much that matters though). i got in in may. i feel like depending on the strength of the applicants this year you have a decent shot of at least getting waitlisted or getting accepted later on in the cycle like i did.