SP162

Chances, 162 LSAT 3.42 cGPA, 3.62 L2

SP162    1

LSAT 162

cGPA 3.42

L2 3.62

Good letters of reference, one from Master's Prof and one from a lawyer at a law firm where I work.

Decent job experience, small business owner, good volunteering, fluent in couple languages, in my opinion had a well-written personal statement.

Did my MA at Western and did great.  

Did 0.5 years of a PhD at UofT. I only completed 2 courses there and then left the program because I wanted to change careers.  But my grades in those 2 courses were fine.

I'm mostly worried because my cGPA is quite low, and the admissions predictor says I have a low chance of entry. Thoughts?

rih    30

How long ago was your undergrad? My guess is the longer ago it was the better your chances. I might be wrong but the LSAT score isn't uncompetitive but it also doesn't stand out. Having left the PhD program might hurt a tiny bit.

Sounds like it's up to your personal statement in the end but I wouldn't be shocked if you didn't get in even with a pretty decent one.

SP162    1

My last undergraduate course was taken in 2009, and my last semester average was 87% (not sure what that is in OLSAS GPA).  I wonder why leaving a PhD program would hurt me? Obviously I was qualified enough to be admitted to the program, and I didn't get any low grades, just incompletes from when I left.  

Thanks for your response.

pinkroses    15

imo you'll get in. that's a pretty good lsat and your gpa isn't too bad, plus you have an MA. like i said in another thread i got in in may through the access category with a 159 lsat, 3.1 cgpa.

Commerce    9

relatively similar stats to what I was accepted with, I would say you have a good shot. I was roughly 3.07/3.68L2/162 if i remember correctly

Draken    136

VERY close stats to my own and I was admitted yesterday. You have a better LSAT than me as well. In.

• Like 1

SP162    1

Thank you for sharing Draken! :) 

Fingers crossed! And toes!

SP162    1

VERY close stats to my own and I was admitted yesterday. You have a better LSAT than me as well. In.

You were 100% right! Accepted today! :D